Confused by Registered Inuit!! Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by crestnut, Jun 19, 2010.

1. rune

rune

We live in a free market and if someone wants something and there are not enough of what they want the price goes up. Dogs are no different from any other commodity.

Give it another year or so and the breeders will probably have to charge less as do many breeds because they won't get what they are now asking.

I have no problem with the prices---I do have a problem with telling people they are getting a 'breed'. I know of loads of people who are thrilled with their labradoodles and cockapoos---and why shouldn't they be. They generally know they can't show them except at a fun level. They have been lied to no more than the people who buy legally docked dogs and think they can show them----and it does happen.

Do you blame the breeders or the new owners who didn't research enough?

In the end does it matter if the dog has a good home?

Many breeders of many 'working' type dogs don't health test routinely ---ISDS (except for eyes) , working cockers, lurchers, patterdales, springers etc. The show people are gradually coming round to it which is great and eventually the working people might---some do.

The 'inuit' type of dog is a x breed---but it is what some people want and are prepared to pay for so the price can be higher than for some other breeds.

I have more of a problem with british bulldog or Peke prices tbh---they are as unhealthy as some 'inuits' and have the KC's blessing!

rune
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Lurcher or Longdog? Even if true, what idiots to pay it.
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    So all the above costs are factored in to the price of you pups??:?

The hip score is only done the once! So you can't factor that in to every litter!

Vaccs, worming, microchipping again all things that NEED doing anyway so cannot be factored in to the price of all puppies!!

You cannot charge for your time as you CHOOSE to breed, so that is just ridiculous!!

The only thing I will say is that logically it will cost more to feed a big breed than small breed so possibly a SMALL price increase would be necessary to cover those costs.

But as has been said if people are stupid enough to pay it then the breeders will continue to reap the profits:roll:
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    But you can show a legally docked dog??? so no lies there, ?
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    When did that change?

ETA - On all the schedules we have (where you pay entry to the show) there is a not that says - 'A dog docked on or after 6th April 2007 may not be entered for exhibition at this show'.
  7. rune

rune

Hancock lurchers and as he had tattooed 6,000 pups since he started and told me that four or more years ago I would imagine many many people pay.

If something is what you want you will pay for it.

rune
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ref price, I agree that people can do what they want with their money and what is alot for some, is little to others. What upsets me is when people breed with money as the main motive.................and I do not know how this could ever be stopped.
  9. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I have to agree with that, the amount of people who sell dogs and say that the price is to gaurentee a good home, well I can cope with amounts that are small, but are enough to make the people think a bit about getting the animal not just getting it on whim if that makes sense. But I can't see why some people charge so much, and say thats why. When infact the could actually be isolating a perfect home for a dog because the people don't have that much at that certain time, when they could afford insurance etc after, maybe have a good vet like mine who if theres an emergency will always treat the animal first, and then worry about payment after, I know of someones whose dog suffered bloat, the dog was rushed to the vets, it was saved, but when the time for payment came he told them not to worry too much, as long as he gets the money eventually they can set up a payment plan, he's also given people a discount on meds if he thinks that they may not be able to afford it all :)

So a money does not mean a good home, what does mean a good home is the breeder getting to know the people who wants a pup, people not getting a dog on a whim, great vets, everything else.

Anyway I hope that rambling made sense lol.
  10. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I agree people can do what they want with there money.
    what upsets me is when people use silly excuses, with the aim to make more money from a pup... ;-)
  11. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    that doesnt make sense to me (wasnt the dog that won crufts this year docked?)i thought as long as it was before the ban or they can prove 'legaly' docked u can still show:? :?
  12. rune

rune

It can if it was before the ban---it can't if it was after even if it was done legally---all you can do is working tests and as long as you have paperwork agility is now OK as well.

It does mean that any docked dog in rescue won't find a working home for agility though.

rune
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    David Hancock, most people wouldnt give you a fiver for one of his!:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  14. rune

rune

Over 6000 people have------he is probably up to 10,000 by now at the rate he churns them out.

You might not give him a fiver but plenty give him a LOT more than that and I know several who go back for more. So like it or not he is doing something right for a lot of people.

rune
  15. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    well then thats 6000 uneducated people ;) no decent person (imo) would support such a breeder by getting one dog let alone going back for more - he makes a living out of breeding, and doesnt really breed for much else.
  16. murph

murph New Member

Name:
    James
    Agreed - if someone wants a specific 'type' of crossbreed they will pay for it. In that case why is it any different to paying alot for a pedigree?
  17. rune

rune

Certainly does---and a good living I would imagine. Maybe those 6000 people couldn't find what they wanted anywhere else any cheaper----that is how our particular consumer society works.

rune
  18. rune

rune

It isn't different is it? As long as everyone knows they are buying a crossbreed----and everyone knows that they are buying ill health (in the case of pekes etc.)

rune
  19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Difference is when you buy a pedigree your getting what you pay for. Not a dog with a history filled with lies (like alot of these crosses).

I also think alot of pedigree dogs, are way over priced. :mrgreen:
  20. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    more like they couldnt be bothered to look elsewhere imo ;-)
  21. rune

rune

Maybe not---but they obviously have the money and he is tapping into a market. I wouldn't think he gets a lot of the general public buying from him---more likely to be people who know a bit about what they want. To be fair I have only known one Hancock lurcher in rescue here. Maybe other rescues have different experiences?

He ear tattoos so they are easy enough to spot.

rune