Coonhound info General Chat

Discussion in 'Coonhound' started by stunt monkey, Feb 13, 2009.

1. emily2133524

emily2133524 New Member

Name:
    Emily
    i must be the first :) shes only loud when theres something to be loud at. she calls when shes found something, sounds like a seal, its really odd but other than that dont hear a peep. took her to a dog show in Sheffield today and was fantastic. won best hound just because nobody new what breed she was only the judge. the sactuary where she was from had loads of coonhounds. over in Cyprus they dont care about the breed, she got dumped because she was no use to them any more. absolutely disgraceful
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ditzydaisy

Ditzydaisy New Member

Name:
    Mike Martin
    CaroleC likes this.
    I also have a coonhound now in the uk. We recently moved back from Florida with Daisy who was rescued from Georgia. She's an adorable dog but she has crazy energy levels and enthusiasm. Fortunately she also has the nesting instinct too and now she is getting closer to two years old she's starting to love snuggling. We are just starting to off leash train her now because in Florida they have to be on leash everywhere. So far she always comes on call with real enthusiasm. Having said that she was hell bent on escaping as a youngun. She is definitely loving the freedom here in the U.K. if not the temperature... I would say that they are are definitely not dogs for the faint hearted and needs a lot of exercise and some real structure and discipline. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile, but let them know their position and they'll respect you for it.

Attached Files:

4. Ditzydaisy

Ditzydaisy New Member

Name:
    Mike Martin