Czech wolfdogs- who else loves them? General Chat

Discussion in 'Czechoslovakian Wolfdog' started by infamousinuits, May 24, 2008.

1. infamousinuits

infamousinuits New Member

Name:
    alexandra

Czech wolfdogs- who else loves them?

so who else here loves the czech wolfdog breed?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Not me, cannot see the point of them really. Nice to look at, but thats about it as far as I am concerned Im afraid.
  4. infamousinuits

infamousinuits New Member

Name:
    alexandra
    They are more than nice to just look at though. in their native country they are used as search and rescue dogs :) thats the point in them. theyre pretty much a working breed. maybe your confusing them with inuits and such which are not a recognised breed in another country. if not then my mistake!
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Nope, not confusing them with anything. The thing that does confuse me is why anybody would want a dog that has Wolf ancestry? completely pointless IMO. You cross these "reserved" Dogs with NI's which are supposed to have the direct opposite temperaments, and with Sibes and Mals too, what could possibly be the reason for this? CWD look like any other crossbreed to me, but they do have uniformity in their type and appearance to their credit. To have created a breed to "look" like a wild animal is totally beyond me.

They were not created to be used as search and rescue Dogs, there are loads of breeds that do that job exceptionally well already.

Im sounding very negative I know, just cant get my head round people wanting pet Dogs to look like wild animals.

And whats the point in them being here?
  6. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Dawn I thought you were kinda into the NI.s to the point of helping do the BS for them,, so Im confused?
  7. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

You could say that about many breeds that were bred to do a job but can't or don't get to do it here. :grin:
  8. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    yeah dawn i'm a bit confused too lol
  9. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    why don't peeps google chec wolf dog and you'll fina a maze of info and pics of gsd mateing with the wolf, and also like everything else politics spoiling it all ...
  10. flowisp

flowisp New Member

Name:
    anna
    can some1 post a pic of 1??
    Thwy sound wonderful...if they save
    lives, they must have lovely kind temperaments xxxx
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Never been into them Shona, too much lying within the fractions, however I did agree to help them reword the standard, something which hasnt materialised.

Yes but there sole reason for creation WAS to do a job, regardless of whether they are able to do it now due to any legislation or otherwise. they were not just bred to look like a wild animal!

See above!
  12. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    whats the point to any breeds now...
  13. youngstevie

youngstevie

Regardless I for one love Inuits and huskies, etc etc., can I see some pics please.:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry don't own one though as I am a mad BC owner....:lol:
  14. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Yeah but if a dog was bred for the sole reason to do a job, say, to hunt other large animals or whatever, and now can't and just walks around a show ring sometimes then that need some serious thought too, if you're going to go down this path with CWDs.
  15. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    [ too much lying within the fractions, however I did agree to help them reword the standard, something which hasnt materialised.

sounds familiar...
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    We are talking about why the breed was created LS, most breeds were created for a reason, to do a job, the NI was bred to look like a wild animal, and lets face it, how many really look anthing like Wolves?

Behave!:grin:

Well mine still do the jobs they were bred for, how about your NI? :002: :001:
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Mine still "work"...(Ok we are missing the snow and the sled..and the seals etc..but you know what I mean)
  18. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    why don't you educate me here dawn, what exactly was an n.i bred for, you should know eh...
  19. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Hi Dawn, so they havent done it yet,,,do you know if they have any plans in the near future to do so?
  20. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    according to what i was told about them mine did what it said on the tin, bred to be a family companion ...
  21. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    right if this is turning into a bitch pit im off, I did have a few questions but no matter,,,