Czech wolfdogs- who else loves them? General Chat

Discussion in 'Czechoslovakian Wolfdog' started by infamousinuits, May 24, 2008.

1. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    oh this is great, seeing someone else made out to be something they're not yet totally sucked in...dare i say it, why not...by someone who has cruelty convictions against them, what were you promised dawn...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    In most stuff I have seen, they were bred to look like Wolves, nowt more to say than that is there? Look at the banners the NIS put up at the shows "Wolf without the Wolf" is it?
    You have been allowed back on this site Elaine, I do feel you are inciting an argument again, so I wont respond.
  4. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Awful admission here wolves leave me cold:blush: I much prefer big cats
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Nope, havent heard a single word Shona. I dont mind, im happy to help with wording, Id do that for anyone, why not? Doesnt mean I advocate the breed or its origins, I think everyone involved with the NI is clear how I feel about that. :)
  6. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    not an argument dawn, just trying to find the truth...i do remember posts in the past where you were defending the n.i, and yet now don't see the point ...
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well you find me one post where I have said I agree with the origins, reasons for creation and that I believe what the founder breeders have said in their defence of themselves or reasons for creation, and Ill agree with you. Till that time Ill say no more.
  8. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    ok, lol...
  9. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    thanks lucky star very interesting read.
  11. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Err Inuits aren't recognised in ANY Country ! They are still mongrels until they reach the stage where records can be proven to establish them and recognise them.

I dont see why Czech wolf dogs are sold here, especially when sellers dont inform buyers of the DEFRA Laws, totally irresponsible !

I dont even think they look nice Dawn, I dont think any 'real' wolf does really, they all look scrawny, malnourished, unkempt and scruffy, what's to like ? :lol:
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I do admit they look like they need worming, a good meal and a good brush! :mrgreen:
  13. dsmem3429

dsmem3429

I do love the look of them, and remember someone on here on the continent who had quite a few. They were stunning.
    But I wouldn't want one as believe they are far more pack orientated than your average dog and so don't like to see them unless kept in packs, outside etc.

I don't work my dogs, of either breed/type so just want a family companion.
  14. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Not much point in having such a breed in the UK as you have to have a Wild Life licence & keep them confined just like a full wolf or big cat
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
  16. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
  17. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    Well I like the look of CWD, never met any though I would love to. Would I ever own one myself, I doubt it. But then there is a long list of KC breeds that I would never have either.
  18. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a
    According to DEFRA:

19. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    IMO it is just dangerous to cross a wolf with a domesticated dog. Would you want a cheetah crossed with a domestic cat in your house? I know I wouldn't!

These dogs will become just another fashion accessory and will end up being owned by people who either know not enough or nothing at all about wolves. In the end it's a disaster waiting to happen.
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Didnt say it did! I said it was an interesting site. Just goes to show what you cant have, what DEFRA say you cant, then help you bring them in!
  21. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

CWD isn't a wolf hybrid. it is a recognised breed of dog, but not recognised by UK KC

Do GSD owners get the same bad press? I thought GSD were a fairly new man made breed, with recent wolf content in them.