Dachshund info please General Chat

Discussion in 'Hound Forum' started by pippam, Jul 17, 2012.

1. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    here is a photo of brena and her brothers and sisters nursing. i don't think she had opened her eyes at this time. she is 2 weeks old in the photo the breeder sent us. brena at 2 weeks old.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    look at that cute little round head!! her muzzle is a little more pointy now at 4 months.
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Lovely photos Phil - cute puppies!
  5. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    first picture of brena.jpg here is the very first photo of brena i think before she opened her eyes. we found it very hard to find a dachshund puppy! after a lot of searching we found her and her litter on craig's list, and picked up from her breeder in north carolina and took her home december 21st., she slept all the way home in the car. now at 4 months she is more lively and is beginning to be more interested in car rides.
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    It's great to be able to have photos of your pup at such a young age. How she's changed!
  7. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    hard to believe she was ever that small! ;)
  8. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    she has changed! dr. halsey says she is probably going to be a good-sized dachshund even though she is a mini, because at only 4 months old she is pretty good sized. i like medium to large dogs alot, so i am hoping she will be medium sized, although she probably won't be be a very large dog.
  9. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Anne likes this.
    another photo of me and brena.jpg here is another photo of me and brena. she was 7 weeks old at the time.
  10. toondogs

toondogs New Member

Name:
    James
    A friend of ours has one similar, I'll ask her what colour she calls it. I remember her being that small and cute she now takes on all the big dogs in the park :lol:
  11. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    thanks! :)
  12. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    now when I take her out she sniffs everything like a big hound! she didn't seem to sniff that much a few weeks ago.
  13. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    my friend looks after one that has a set of wheels on his back legs. he barks at phoebe and she runs away, shes petrified of him. He is really funny, im sure he doesnt know how small he is as he plays with the big dogs and gives them what for if need be
  14. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    last saturday brena turned 4 months and one week. she is still very little, although dr. halsey says there is a good chance that ultimately she could weigh about 15 lbs. i hope she gets a little bigger, but i have to remember that dachshunds are not all that big, and she is a miniature, so she will not be a very big dog.