Dalmatian Discussions

Discussion in 'Dalmatian' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Deccy

Deccy New Member

Name:
    n/a
    Well there's always the exception that proves the rule :roll: at least it just drops off once dry, maybe that was the point.
    Polo has come home today with his neck and chest stained and caked in a variety of farmyard excretia, predominently pale green 8) I hope he is not intend on sharing my bed tonight.:-(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    Haha! Whenever people see our two they comment on how they're 'posh dogs' how wrong are they?! :lol:

but yes, it could be because it just drops off! It's amazing, Takara can get caked in mud at the park and by the time we've walked the 5 minute walk home, she's clean again! :grin:
  4. MAQ

MAQ New Member

Name:
    Matt
    hi all,

another dallie owner here. Thought id just say hi. My boy's a lemon spot and although i know some dallie owners that look down at him, and dont consider him to be a "real" dallie, he's our boy we love him to bits and he does grab a lot of attention. whenever we are out we constantly get comments like "when is he going to get his spots?".

Will get a pic up ASAP when i figure out how to post images on here

lets see if this works

[​IMG]

YAY!!! it worked, i will get a better pic up soon, one where he isnt asleep
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2006
  5. marianda24

marianda24 New Member

Name:
    Gill
    Hi MAQ
    What a sweetie your boy is and dont worry about people who look down on him because he is different - they are not worth bothering about. You love him and I can understand why.

As a dally owner you have to get used to the daft questions people ask dont you? I have lost count of the number of people who ask "where are the other 100?" or "whats her name - spot?"

My girl was 1 on 11 September and she is liver-spotted. I have been asked several times if her spots will turn black when she gets older.

I have been unable to download any pics of Phoebe as it fails everytime I try so you've done well to have succeeded so quickly
  6. marianda24

marianda24 New Member

Name:
    Gill
    [​IMG]http://i30
    Hey I decided to give it 1 more go and it worked - so this is Phoebe and the 1 below is Sophie who is Phoebe's "Mum"
    [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/marianda24/thornton025.jpg
  7. Roxy

Roxy New Member

Name:
    Roxy
    So Phoebe doesnt take after her "mum" Sophie in the slightest. :lol: :lol:
  8. marianda24

marianda24 New Member

Name:
    Gill
    No strangely enough she doesnt. Do you think Sophie doesnt have much Dalmatian in her?:? She seems to have almost every other breed in her except Dalmatian!!

Sophe has taken her motherly duties very serious though and Phoebe is calm and gentle and just like Sophie in personality (although the mad dally shows itself now and again and those are the times when we have to run for cover). Bless her
  9. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    maq, were you at the madge cull fun day - there was someone with a dog just like yours there and he was GORGEOUS!
  10. MAQ

MAQ New Member

Name:
    Matt
    that would be me an louis. We were there and had a brilliant day. He is gorgeous and everyone said so. :grin:

There was a certain organiser (Jo) who has a special fondness of our lad.

I probably did see you but met so many that day i really couldnt say for certain
  11. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    We didn't come and say hello because Eddy was still a bit awkward with other dogs at that time...

But Louis is lurvely - I'd have been the mad one pointing at him all day!
  12. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    I took this at the fun day!!! Hope you don't mind, if you don't want it up, just pm me and I'll take it off ;)

[​IMG]
  13. Deccy

Deccy New Member

Name:
    n/a
    Hmmmm..... that looks suspiciously like Deccy's breeder in the background, sitting down, dark pink shirt and baseball cap........ about level with Louis's rump!:grin:
    He does remind me of Polo, who despite being black spotted, does't have many spots.... the head is very like Polo!
    [​IMG]
    I don't seem to have any of him awake
    [​IMG]
  14. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    What lines is he from?
  15. Deccy

Deccy New Member

Name:
    n/a
    Polo, aka Dalspa Liquid Gold For Polidot, is by Weaponness Hyperion of Olbero out of a Salsusa Black Jack daughter Dalspa Just Another Diamond. Quite a lot of Olbero, with a few other "big names" thrown in here and there.
    He had a mixed show career, his best result being RCC some years ago, he is now 7, neutered and a bit fat but still managed to win Limit at the All Ireland Dalmatian Club champ show last July. He thoroughly enjoyed himself.
    Unfortunately he has a serious medical condition now so I am giving him a very easy, quiet time for as long as feasible.
    Here is a pic of him a bit more in his prime...
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2006
  16. MAQ

MAQ New Member

Name:
    Matt
    no not at all. i dont mind. The girl in the pic is my other halfs sister, think my daughter is hiding behind her.

It was a great day and we all enjoyed ourselves, especially louis.

Look at him just stood there.......... he drives me crazy sometimes just pulling all over, but when my daughter has the lead he walks to heel for her :? we entered a local dog show with him, and he won a few rosettes, but i couldnt get a first with him. Then my daughter takes him into junior handeling, and he pranced around the ring like he was in the final at crufts or something. And what do you know............... a 1st, i couldnt believe it, but she was so proud i had to frame and hang it in her bedroom.
  17. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    aww bless!

Takara's the same, she's not too bad when in the ring but does act up, then, when my leg's too bad to move her, a young girl does it for me and 'hey presto!' she's a heck of a lot better!!
  18. Balder

Balder New Member

Name:
    Maria
  19. Deccy

Deccy New Member

Name:
    n/a
    What a stunner!
    Marie Bailey, who looks after the Dalmatian exhibitors here in Ireland, judged in Sweden last year and said she would take any of them home they were so lovely!8)
  20. Balder

Balder New Member

Name:
    Maria
  21. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    Alice is beautiful balder,

where did you get her from? What lines is she I mean? I don't need to know I'm just damn nosey hehe