David Hancock's Lurchers General Chat

Discussion in 'Lurcher Forum' started by fieldy, Jun 27, 2014.

1. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju

David Hancock's Lurchers

Hi all I really love the lurcher breed and have always had them.my dad was well known in 'the olden days' for his dogs.im considering having a lurcher puppy and was wondering if David hancocks dogs were recommended?ive seen his name a lot in working magazines.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I really miss my lurcher - they are wonderful dogs.

I've no personal experience of a Hancock dog, though I've heard people speak highly of them.

I don't know anything about my lurcher's breeding - she was left behind by poachers making a quick getaway when they were disturbed! She looked as if she was a deerhound cross.

I hope someone who knows more about Hancock's dogs can help.
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Here's some info from their website:

http://www.hancocklurchers.co.uk

They have a council approved breeder's license - these are usually required if the breeder breeds more than 5 litters a year... that is a lot, and what some might class as a 'commercial breeder'.
  5. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    Thanks for your response.lurchers are great dogs,and are what you train them to be.ive always had them and are my passion although saying that, Last year I lost my collie lurcher and replaced it with a huskie!this was with a lot of consideration I might add. I wanted a dog that was outgoing and couldn't find any lurcher pups suitable at the time, I'm now considering another pup but again looking towards lurchers.i might add my huskie has turned out to be a great dog..100mph and not doing a bad job of working with my jack Russell lol!