Did we once... have a joke thread? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Q: What is the question a flea often has to ask itself?
    A: Should I walk or take a dog?
    - - -
    I’m a dog trainer. Before I met with a new client, I had her fill out a questionnaire. One question asked, “Why did you choose this breed?”

My client responded, “I often ask myself this very same question.”
    - - -
    Q: How do you stop a dog from barking in the back seat when you’re driving?
    A: Invite him to bark in the front seat.
    - - -
    Q: Why did the chicken go to the 
séance?
    A: To get to the other side.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    I can identify with the owner in the second paragraph!

(Sorry angels, nothing personal).
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Q: What does a dog become when it’s seven years old?
    A: Unless something terrible happens, eight years old.
    - - -
    Q: What do you get when you cross a Doberman and a hyena?
    A: No idea, but if it laughs, I join in.
    - - -
    Q: When is a mom flea happy?
    A: When her whole family has gone to the dogs.
    - - -
    Life is like a dogsled team.
    If you ain’t the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
    - - -
    Q: Why do people call it a “litter” of puppies?
    A: Once they grow a little bigger, one look at your ruined house will explain.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Q: How is a dog and a marine biologist alike?
    A: One wags a tail and the other tags a whale.
    - - -
    What is more amazing than a talking dog?
    A: A spelling bee.
    - - -
    Q: What kind of dog does Dracula have?
    A: A Bloodhound.
    - - -
    Q: Why are dogs such bad dancers?
    A: They have two left feet.
    - - -
    Q: What kind of dog can jump as high as a tall building?
    A: Any kind. A building can’t jump!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The Top 20 Reasons Dogs Do Not Use Computers

20. Can't stick their heads out of Windows 10.
    19. Fetch command not available on all platforms.
    18. Hard to read the monitor with your head cocked to one side.
    17. Too difficult to "mark" every website they visit.
    16. Can't help attacking the screen when they hear "You've Got Mail."
    15. Fire hydrant icon is very frustrating.
    14. Involuntary tail wagging is dead giveaway they're browsing www . pethouse.com instead of working.
    13. Keep bruising noses trying to catch that MPEG Frisbee.
    12. Not at all fooled by Chuckwagon Screen Saver.
    11. Still trying to come up with an "emoticon" that signifies tail-wagging.
    10. Oh, but they WILL... with the introduction of the Microsoft Opposable Thumb.
    9. Three words: Carpal Paw Syndrome.
    8. 'Cause dogs ain't GEEKS! Now, cats, on the other hand...
    7. Barking in next cube keeps activating YOUR voice recognition software.
    6. SmellU-SmellMe still in beta test.
    5. SIT and STAY were hard enough, GREP and AWK are out of the question!
    4. Saliva-coated mouse gets mighty difficult to maneuver.
    3. Annoyed by lack of newsgroup, alt.pictures.master's.leg.
    2. Butt-sniffing more direct and less deceiving than online chat rooms.

and the Number 1 Reason Dogs Do Not Use Computers...

1. TrO{gO DsA[M,bN HyAqR4tDc TgrOo TgYPmE WeIjTyH P;AzWqS,.*
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet likes this.
    Rules for Dogs

BARKING: Because you are a dog, you are expected to bark. So bark--- a lot. Your owners will be very happy to hear you protecting their house. Especially late at night while they are sleeping safely in their beds. There is no more secure feeling for a human than to keep waking up in the middle of the night and hearing your protective bark, bark, bark...

LICKING: Always take a BIG drink from your water dish immediately before licking your human. Humans prefer clean tongues. Be ready to fetch your human a towel.

THE ART OF SNIFFING: Humans like to be sniffed. Everywhere. It is your duty, as the family dog, to accommodate them.

DINING ETIQUETTE: Always sit under the table at dinner, especially when there are guests, so you can clean up any food that falls on the floor. It's also a good time to practice your sniffing.

HOUSEBREAKING: Housebreaking is very important to humans, so break as much of the house as possible.

GOING FOR WALKS: Rules of the road: When out for a walk with your master or mistress, never go to the bathroom on your own lawn.

PLAYING: If you lose your footing while chasing a ball or stick, use the flower bed to absorb your fall so you don't injure yourself.

CHASING CATS: When chasing cats, make sure you never--- quite--- catch them. It spoils all the fun
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Why we love children

1) NUDITY
    I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when a woman passenger in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back seat, 'Mom, that lady isn't wearing a seat belt!'

2) OPINIONS

On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his teacher a note from his mother. The note read, 'The opinions expressed by this child are not necessarily those of his parents.'

3) KETCHUP

A woman was trying hard to get the ketchup out of the jar. During her struggle the phone rang so she asked her 4-year-old daughter to answer the phone. 'Mommy can't come to the phone to talk to you right now. She's hitting the bottle.'

4) MORE NUDITY

A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women's locker room. When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with ladies grabbing towels and running for cover. The little boy watched in amazement and then asked, 'What's the matter, haven't you ever seen a little boy before?'

5) POLICE

While taking a routine vandalism report at an elementary school, I was interrupted by a little girl about 6 years old. Looking up and down at my uniform, she asked, "Are you a cop?" "Yes," I answered and continued writing the report. "My mother said if I ever needed help I should ask the police. Is that right?" "Yes, that's right," I told her. "Well, then," she said as she extended her foot toward me, "would you please tie my shoe?"

6) POLICE

It was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the station. As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking, and I saw a young boy staring in at me. 'Is that a dog you got back there?' he asked.
    'It sure is,' I replied.
    Puzzled, the boy looked at me and then towards the back of the van. Finally he said, 'What'd he do?'

7) DRESS-UP

A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, 'Daddy, you shouldn't wear that suit.'
    'And why not, darling?'
    'You know that it always gives you a headache the next morning.'

8) DEATH

While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently, his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton wool, then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased.
    The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his father always said: 'Glory be unto the Faaather, and unto the Sonnn, and into the hole he goooes.' (I want this line used at my funeral!)

9) SCHOOL

A little girl had just finished her first week of school. 'I'm just wasting my time,' she said to her mother. 'I can't read, I can't write, and they won't let me talk!'
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    In the dog-eat-dog economy, the Doberman is boss.
    - - -
    In a dog-eat-dog world, it is the dogmatic domain of dog lovers to offer dodge a dog's chance to rise above the dog days for a doggone good time.
    - - -
    Asthma doesn't seem to bother me any more unless I'm around cigars or dogs. The thing that would bother me most would be a dog smoking a cigar.
    - - -
    My Labrador retriever had a nervous breakdown. I kept throwing him a boomerang.
    - - -
    A watchdog is a dog kept to guard your home, usually by sleeping where a burglar would awaken the household by falling over him.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    TANJOOBERRYMUTTS

By the time you read through this you will understand "TANJOOBERRYMUTTS". And only then will you be ready to take on China !

Believe me... you WILL understand!!!

Here goes...

The following is a telephonic exchange between maybe you
    as a Hotel guest & room-service in China ...

Room Service:
    "Morrin. Roon sirbees."

Guest:
    "Sorry, I thought I dialled room-service."

Room Service:
    " Rye , Roon sirbees...morrin! Joowish to
    oddor sunteen?"

Guest:
    "Uh... Yes, I'd like to order bacon & eggs."

Room Service:
    "Ow ulai den?"

Guest:
    " .....What??"

Room Service:
    "Ow ulai den?!?... Pryed, boyud, pochd?"

Guest:
    "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry..
    Scrambled, please."

Room Service:
    "Ow ulai dee bayken? Creepse?"

Guest:
    "Crisp will be fine."

Room Service:
    "Hokay. An sahn toes?"

Guest:
    "What?"

Room Service:
    "An toes. ulai sahn toes?"

Guest:
    "I.... Don't think so.."

RoomService:
    "No? Udo wan sahn toes???"

Guest:
    "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what
    'udo wan sahn toes' means."

RoomService:
    "Toes! Toes!... Why Uoo don wan toes?...
    Ow bow anglish moppin we botter?"

Guest:
    "Oh, English muffin!!! I've got it! You were saying
    'toast'... Fine...Yes, an English muffin will be fine."

RoomService:
    "We botter?"

Guest:
    "No, just put the botter on the side."

RoomService:
    "Wad?!?"

Guest:
    "I mean butter... Just put the butter on the side."

RoomService:
    "Copy?"

Guest:
    "Excuse me?"

RoomService:
    "Copy.. tea... meel?"

Guest:
    "Yes. Coffee, please... And that's everything."

RoomService:
    "One Minnie. Scramah egg, creepse bayken,
    Anglish moppin, we botter on sigh & copy... Rye ??"

Guest:
    "Whatever you say."

RoomService:
    "Tanjooberrymutts."

Guest:
    "You're welcome"

Remember I did say "By the time you read through this...

.. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND 'TANJOOBERRYMUTTS'

And you do, don't you!
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    Last night, my kids and I were sitting in the living room and I said to them, 'I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.'

So they got up, unplugged the Computer, and threw out my wine.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Your test for today

There are 4 questions.

Do not miss one and no cheating please.

1 - How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator? Stop and think about it and decide on your answer before you scroll down.

The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe and close the door.

This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

2 - How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?Did you say, open the refrigerator, put in the elephant and close the door? Wrong answer.

Correct answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door.

This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.

3 - The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend... except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct answer: The elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there.

This tests your memory.

OK, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4 - There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the animal conference.

This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

So how many did you get right? :D
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Re Question 1 above...

How do you put a giraffe in a refrigerator?

You can't because there is only one eff in refrigerator :oops:
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    A guy walks into a store and buys six jumbo boxes of condoms. The store clerk asks the man, "What are you going to do with all of those?"

The guy replies, "I taught my dog to swallow them, and now he poos in little plastic baggies!"
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    An Aussie blonde arrived at Heaven's Pearly Gates where she was met upon arrival by a concerned St Peter.

'I'm sorry, 'St Peter said; 'But Heaven is suffering from an overload of goodly souls and we have been forced to put up an Entrance Exam for new arrivals to ease the burden of Heavenly Arrivals.'

'That's cool' said the blonde, 'What does the Entrance Exam consist of?'

'Just three questions' said St Peter.

'Which are?' asked the blonde.

'The first,' said St Peter, 'is, which two days of the week start with the letter 'T'

'The second is 'How many seconds are there in a year?'

'The third is 'What was the name of the swag-man in Waltzing Matilda?'

'Now,' said St Peter, 'Go away and think about those questions and when I call upon you, I shall expect you to have those answers for me.'

So the blonde went away and gave those three questions some considerable thought.

The following morning, St Peter called upon the blonde and asked if she had considered the questions, to which she replied, 'I have.'

'Well then,' said St Peter, 'Which two days of the week start with the letter T?'

The blonde said, 'Today and Tomorrow.'

St Peter pondered this answer for some time, and decided that indeed the answer can be applied to the question.

'Well then, could I have your answer to the second of the three questions?'

St Peter went on, 'how many seconds in a year?'

The Blonde replied, 'Twelve!'

'Only twelve?' exclaimed St Peter, 'How did you arrive at that figure?'

'Easy,' said the blonde, 'there's the second of January, the second of February, right through to the second of December, giving a total of twelve seconds.'

St Peter looked at the blonde and said, 'I need some time to consider your answer before I can give you a decision.'

And he walked away shaking his head.

A short time later, St Peter returned to the Blonde.

'I'll allow the answer to stand, but you need to get the third and final question absolutely correct to be allowed into Heaven.

Now, can you tell me the answer to the name of the swagman in Waltzing Matilda?'

The blonde replied; 'Of the three questions, I found this the easiest to answer.'

'Really!' exclaimed St Peter, 'And what is the answer?'

'It's Andy..'

'Andy?''

'Yes, Andy,' said the blonde.

This totally floored St Peter, and he paced this way and that, deliberating the answer.

Finally, he could not stand the suspense any longer, and turning to the blonde, asked 'How on earth did you arrive at THAT answer?'

'Easy' said the blonde, 'Andy sat, Andy watched, Andy waited till his Billy boiled.'

And the blonde entered Heaven...

And what's worse .. You're now singing it to yourself ....... [​IMG]
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pork1epe1 and CaroleC like this.
    At the garage...

The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked,

"So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take valves out, fix 'em, put 'em back in, and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...

"Try doing it with the engine running."
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet and CaroleC like this.
    A farmer stopped by the local mechanics shop to have his truck fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home.

On the way home he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint. He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home.

While he was scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost. She asked, 'Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane ?'

The farmer said, 'Well, as a matter of fact, my farm is very close to that house. I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.'

The old lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket. Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'

'Why thank you very much,' he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home.

On the way he says 'Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time.'

The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, 'I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me.. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have your way with me?'

The farmer said, 'Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?'

The old lady replied, 'Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens...'
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    A little silver-haired lady calls her neighbor and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started."

Her neighbor asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"

The little silver-haired lady says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster."

Her neighbor decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

He takes her hand and says, "Secondly, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then," he said with a deep sigh ............

(scroll down)

(keep scrolling down)

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    A man was driving along the highway and saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the rabbit, but unfortunately the Easter Bunny jumped in front of the car and was hit.

The driver, being a sensitive man and animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road. He got out seeing what happened to the rabbit. The Easter Bunny was dead. The driver felt so awful that he began to cry.

A woman driving down the highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car, and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible" he explained. "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it".

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew what to do. She went to her car trunk and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Easter Bunny, and sprayed the contents of the can onto the rabbit.

Miraculously, the Easter Bunny came to life, jumped up, waved its paw at the two people and hopped down the road! Ten feet away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved at the two people again, hopped down the road another 10 feet, turned, waved, and hopped another 10 feet, turned and waved and repeated this again and again until it was out of sight.

The man was astonished! He couldn't figure out what substance could be in the woman's spray can.

He ran over to the woman and demanded, "What was in your spray can? What did you spray onto that rabbit?"

The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It read:

"Hair Spray - Restores Life to Dead Hair - Adds Permanent Wave."
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they 'slept like a baby' when babies wake up like every two hours?

Why is an actor IN a movie, but is ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway...

Why is 'bra' singular and 'knickers' plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

Why, Why, Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting dead?

Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they know there is not enough money?

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? It isn't as if there is a shop in the jungle.

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Why is it that no matter what colour bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people keep running over a thread a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?

How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    A considerate husband who wanted to celebrate his wife’s upcoming birthday in a special way, asked her what she'd like.

“I’d love to be 6 again,” she replied.

On the morning of her birthday, he woke her at the crack of dawn and off they went to a local theme park. What a day! He put her on every scary rollercoaster!

Five hours later, staggering out of the theme park, her head was reeling and her stomach was upside-down. They went straight to a kid-friendly, fast-food eatery where her husband ordered her slices of pizza, extra fries smothered in ketchup and a creamy chocolate shake.

Finally, wobbling home, the wife collapses on the couch as her husband endearingly asks, “Well, dear, what was it like being 6 again?”

With only one eye half-open, she murmurs, “I meant my dress size!”