Do NI's/UTE's etc look more wolfy than the recognised breeds? Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Alphatest, Aug 19, 2008.

?

Do NI/UTE type dogs look anymore 'wolfy' than the established northern type breeds?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    40.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona

awe bless, good luck, have a nice walk
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    abbie, poss if your answer to the shy thing had been more like this

I dont have problems with three of my dogs but boris can be nervous in large crowds yada yada

things would never have gone this far,

But hey, blame it on me, I dont mind,

I really dont see why you got so hissy fitty about it all

most of my experiance of NI dogs has been via Inkliveevas & her friends dogs.
    did she come in and get wound up about me saying they were quite shy? NO.... because she knows I dont mean it in a bad way about the breed,
    She will openly tell you that Mr Inka was trained diff to other breeds,
    I think its part of the breed personality,,, which as an expert on the breed you will know............. Poss your lot just dont fall into the breed standard personality
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Abbie stating a dog is nervous in crowds does mean he is a nervous dog, I though these dogs should be friendly and outgoing? or do I have that wrong? I really dont thing Boris "prefers" to stay at home, he has no choice, you choose to leave him behind dont you? Ive also read these dogs thrive on human company and many suffer from seperation anxiety. Do you think leaving him all the time while you show the ones confident around crowds is a good thing?

The way you have turned around truly astounds me, given what we discussed I cant believe you are the same person, I really cant.
  5. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    So do you think NI's and Utes look more like Wolves than other breeds like Malamutes and Huskys??? That was the original question posted :-(
  6. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Perhaps if your questions had been more polite you would have received a more polite answer. I really do take offence at being called "girlie"

You can think what you like. I really do not care. Neither do I care how Inkileeva trains her dogs. I train my own dogs my own way, have great success with them and they are not shy. Obviously I am doing something right.
  7. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    How dare you suggest that I do not do right by my dogs.

I did not bring Boris into this thread. It is totally off topic but there is no way I am not going to stick up for MY dog.

Boris is NOT nervous in crowds. He is absolutely fine with how ever many people there is around. What he is not happy with is alot of strange dogs around him. He is also perfectly happy to stay at home alone for short periods, at the most once a week, despite what you may think.

He is 10 years old and there is no way I am going to force him to do something he doesn't enjoy.

I do not have to explain my dogs and how they are looked after to anybody. They are happy well balanced and extremely well cared for and that is all that matters.
  8. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I didnt ask you a question, you offered your view,

I didnt expect you to be intrested in how anyone else trained there NI dog? though if your on a committee for the breed it would be a good thing to do?
  9. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    You were the one that brought Boris into this discussion.

Also I am not on a committee for the breed or any other committee for that matter.
  10. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    yes because you stated that you had NO problems with shy dogs,. I just found it strange when I had a peek at your site, that you stated he was nervous in some situations,

whats the problem with talking about boris,, big deal he doesnt like other dogs your the one making a huge issue out of it
  11. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Shy and nervous are two different things.

There is always a situation or condition where any dog or person would be nervous. Until this is found you will not know. This does not make a dog or person nervous in general.
  12. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    I was nervous last night when my OH towed me in my Van through the centre of cardiff.....but im not a nervous driver.

Mav is abit Nervy when walking on a Narrow Pavement on a road over 40mph +, hes abit Cringy & jumpy, as soon as he pavement widens hes fine, hes not a nervy dog at all, but IS in that situation.

Flynn dosent seem to like Disabled People with "mental" special Needs, hes very nervous of them & id never put him in that Situation, yet hes not a nervous dog at all, yet is in that Situation.

If Boris is Only Nervous in that ONE situation, to me that Does make him a "nervous" dog, just one who has a dislike of that one situation.

Jmo
  13. looby-loo

looby-loo New Member

I think your experience with Inkliveevas dogs and her friends dogs is a bit limited. Are they all siblings?

I know for a fact that Inkliveevas dogs dad was and still is a very nervous dog, which has obviously been passed on to his offspring. I had one of his offspring too and she was very nervous in most situations.

However I don't think you can judge an entire breed on your experience of a few dogs. I have two sisters here whom I have no problems with other than the are a bit too friendly, but we are working on that. :)
  14. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Im sorry, I didnt say Elaines dog was nervy,, I said aloof/shy
    Hes a happy enough lad in himself, never seen him scared or nervy,,
    ps Its not only Elaines dogs I have based this on, but as these are the dogs I train, I used them as an example, tbh, there are so many NI dogs around now your more or less guaranteed to meet one or two on most walks, ;-)

sorry ETA: no they are not siblings
  15. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    the diff being, towing your car is not an every day thing for you, but dogs being round other dogs, shouldnt be that un-natural?
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Can I just say that I have met Boris and he certainly was not nervous or shy, there was a group of us whom he had never met and he was fine, infact he was very sociable and on a disk somewhere I have the pics. Might I also add that Boris is not registered as a NID.
  17. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Well that depends on your circumstances doesn't it.

As you don't know ours then perhaps you shouldn't comment on my dogs without full knowledge.
  18. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie

Thanks hun.. he`s alright now - has a kind of crazy look still, but a gorgeous cuddly boy with his mum :grin:

Piccie of Noah now..
    [​IMG]
  19. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I only quoted what your web site said, you got all defensive about it not me, ;-)
  20. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona

perhaps you could get off your high horse and behave yourself :lol:
  21. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    No I just got annoyed when I stated 4 times that none of my dogs are nervous and you would not let it go :shock: :shock:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.