Do you think there is any Mal in the NI?? Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Nov 8, 2008.

?

Do you think there is any Mal in NI

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    My cats appeared long like that also, as kittens they looked strange till they grew into their 'longness'.

Don't hold back Louise, do you think this dog looks too long?

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Don't hold back?? LOL..when have I??

Its difficult to tell by the pic..got any side on ones??

There is a few pics of NI (or similar on here that seem like dachsund style long)

Anyway..gotta go to work..night...
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I agree ref you not holding back xxxxx

Shunka is longer than Thunder and in my opinion I think he looks better for it, less Husky like , but that is just my opinion again.
    [​IMG]
  5. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    ;-) Nice try! Actually i take great pleasure in running my own dogs perhaps you should try it yourself sometime :lol: In fact i am looking forward to running my dogs at several rallies this coming season thanks and perhaps when we come up to scotland i will let you know and you can pop along and have a hot chocolate with us :grin:
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    No I don't think he looks too long..

nice try at what?

I just meant that it would be better if you could run your dogs against the KC reg dogs..hence asking if you would have liked KS status..
    I am sure the CED's are great..but wouldn't you feel better if you got to run your own?

We do regularly run our dogs thanks..

Which rallies do you plan to run at? I am sure if I am not working I can do that..
  7. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    I'd like to know which rallies you are running at aswell so I can watch :) which organisation will you be running with?

Gemma
    x
  8. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Gorgeous dog, prob one of the wolfiest looking I've seen so far.
  9. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    Louise i have never been part of the "we are going to get kc status gang" i have always got on with what i do regardless and enjoyed it! What really annoys me about those of you with pure bred dogs that constantly pick faults and fights with anyone on the cross breed threads is that you tar everyone with the same brush! I have earnt a lot of respect aand gained many friends through what i do and because of what i am like as a person. I have challenged many a NI, BI or Csv owner because many of the people i have met have done nothing to help their cause or cared in a proper manner for their dogs. But saying that you get that in all breeds dont you? I also feel that too many people spend far too much time on forums reading and commenting than actually finding out facts. Gemma there are several rallies that allow other dogs to run, although i notice you have sibes so you should have no problems. Scotland there are loads as they have two organisations that have open classes but there are several open rallies coming up this season. There is only BHRSA & SHCGB that do not have an open register for non kc registered sled dogs, other kc breeds or cross breeds. If you ever fancy meeting up i regularly meet with friends who run sibes, eskimo's and mals at sherwood forest as thats where i hold permit. More the merrier x
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    "Those of you with purebreed dogs"

Well that will be me? I don't nitpick the dogs..I nitpick the bad breeding practices and the blinkered people who defend the madness that is the NIS etc..

NEVER have I said anything BAD about the dogs..other than build etc..but that is down to the breeders..

When will you get it?? I do not have a problem with the dogs..only the people who perpetuate a problem and gain money from it..
  11. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    i have a purebred too you know a gsd and have had several before him but i dont go slagging gsd breeders off on forums and lets face it thats a breed thats in trouble isnt it? you obviously have a lot of time on your hands and are prepared to waste it because there are lots of bad breeders out there are you going to waste your life away arguing on the dogsey forum about it? do you think that the comments you make and i will say there are others too are helping anyone? not every person thats bought a crossbreed really knew what they were doing. i work in the dog business and always try to help people get the best from their dog usually in a bad situation but you cant help everybody. Breeders are selling husky x mals as sled dogs and because some people are too ignorant and rude when asked about the purebreds people listen to the breeder selling the cross bred puppies and believe them. my friend but a pure bred mal with papers for 600 until i blew her world apart as i pointed out his blue eyes!!!! not everyone is clued up about dogs as some of us are they? do you louise know everything about pythons? or perhaps cats? or maybe minature ponies? you have a go at people on the forums all the time because of how their dog looks or because they cant spell! its petty and i think if more people spent less time being critical and pointed folk in the right direction they could do something constructive with their dog instead! I am not a great sibe lover but i have found a very nice pure bred sibe with papers for my friend with the mal cross and a rig and all the equipment so her daughter can get on with enjoying her dogs and educate them so they make the same mistakes again, why oh why cant you do the same?
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I wouldn't know I don't follow you about forums:002:

No I don't have a lot of time on my hands..actually I just manage it well:mrgreen:

What with dogs and horses and kids and of course a couple of jobs..not the lady of leisure sadly

YES I do..it makes people aware of whats going on..

So they will learn that ni etc are crossbreeds from here if they search online

bad breeders then aren't they? and if people did the serious amount of research before buying dogs like this then they would know the first basic thing about a mal and blue eyes..if they can't be bothered to find out that simple little thing they they dont' deserve a mal!

No.. I don't think so..but I have managed to get mine to live to 15yrs and 11 years so I must be doing something right..and I have educated PLENTY people with them..I take them to school's and nurserys and youth clubs to educate people and allow them to handle them

Cats..I know..not everything..do you?? miniature ponies...no..never owned one..don't think I will either..

I don't think I have ever had a go at anyone because of how their dogs look? Please quote that to me??

Can't spell...well its part of the forum rules..but while we are being petty..is there any chance you could put your replies into paragraphs..its very hard to read

Why can't your friend find her own dog? I am sure her daughter enjoys her dogs whether she is running them or not..not sure why she would have to run them to enjoy them! I would encourage your friend to find her own pure bred dog..that would help educate her so she doens't make the same mistake again

We do do the same..my daughter regularly runs our dogs..there is video of her doing so..somewhere..
  13. akna

akna New Member

Name:
    Racheal
    I have not the time or the inclination to read all 4,524 posts of yours as your answers more than explain what kind of person you are! I love and enjoy my dogs and i hope that i can be of help to anyone who needs it. Perhaps if someone does an internet search for casual conversationist you might pop up ;-)
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Maybe!

No...you can't prove what you have said so you graciously become suddenly busy..funny that I am still waiting on another NI owner coming forward with quotes where I supposedly slagged off her dogs..funny they haven't materialised either!!

Your posts also show the type of person you are:002:

Anyway..much as I enjoy wasting my life having casual conversations with you..I must go and waste some more of my life with work..

Goodnight..:002:
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Night Louise :mrgreen:
  16. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    Akna, I do work my dogs with BSHRA I was just interested as to which organisation you would be running with as I might be at one of the rallies and I could watch your dogs in action. You probably know the same people as me as the majority of my friends train at Sherwood :)

Gemmsie
    x
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Morning Dawn:mrgreen:
  18. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    Cant be bothered reading all the handbag bashing but for what its worth this will give you a laugh:

At our training class on Wednesday one of the trainers was adamant to tell us all that our dogs were wolf crosses:grin: as she had read it in her encyclopedia :shock: and that PAgan my ute of 11months was alot bigger than a Malamute ??

Then when I tried to correct her she proceeded to tellme that she saw in America Malamutes that jumped through holes of "dinner plate" size to be fed!!! So obviously her opinion was taken with the validity it deserved..... anyone in Ayrshire with a Malamute PLEASE come to class with us next week, I need a laugh :grin:

PS I do think that there was Mal in the beginning, but thats just my opinion. Have you seen some of the tails on the UTES :grin:
  19. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

How big is your Ute?

Well ... My standard size bitch (24", 70lbs) went through a gap that was 9" x 12". The gap only lead round the side of our property, which is still enclosed by 6ft fencing but they can get through suprisingly small spaces if they are so inclined (as soon as we realised that was how she got through we blocked it up, even though that area is fully enclosed too they aren't supposed to be round there, well not until we get the kennel moved round anyway!).
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

PLenty Mals in Ayrshire..

Utes/NI seem to be leggier than Mals but lack in built..so they are tall and rangy..where are mals are built like the proverbial brick XXXX XXXXX
  21. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    :grin: Yes I completely agree, Pagan is 24.5inches and about 32kilos, (havent weighed her for a wee while.) Certainly in my opinion not the size or build of a Mal. I used to meet a couple of them at ringcraft, stunning they where Mia and Ash..:grin: A gentleman brought one in to show me at the shop (groomers) and I have to say it was a beast, I have never seen such a size, he did have feet like dinner plates.

My Rottie (years ago ) could fit through sheep fence?? how I dont know, our kennel was like alcatraz and he still escaped to come find me..:shock: but the way she said it was like there were holes along a trailer the size of dinner plates and the Mals jumped through them for their dinner :?