Do you think there is any Mal in the NI?? Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Nov 8, 2008.

?

Do you think there is any Mal in NI

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Mia & Ash..thats Eve's babies..Tikaani Alaskan Malamutes *yes the ones that actually have the affix registered with the KC and have done for many years* (not to be confused with the people breeding NI and using the affix without actually owning it..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    Thats right, Eve such a lovely woman, havent seen her in years, we met when I was training the Beardie boy, Fell in love with her dogs...
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    bad breeders then aren't they? and if people did the serious amount of research before buying dogs like this then they would know the first basic thing about a mal and blue eyes..if they can't be bothered to find out that simple little thing they they dont' deserve a mal!

If you did a serious amount of research Louise, why after all the years waiting for your perfect breed/dog, buy one with a fault ?
    Just curious :)
  5. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Well going by the sizes you have posted, she is roughtly the same size as my fully grown adult Mal bitch ;) :lol:

Don't forget the Mals you probably saw were adults, whilst they reach their final height by approx 12 months old, it takes them a few years to fill out. So you can't really compare an 11 month old to a fully grown adult unless they come from a line that matures very quickly.
  6. alady??

alady?? New Member

Name:
    Lanie
    Thanks Greyhawk, maybe she wasnt quite as deluded as I thought :shock: :lol: :lol:
  7. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Not sure how your question relates back to what I said..I knew before I even met Cruiser he was longer coated..and I knew what it meant..Big difference from not knowing Mals should not have blue eyes..They "can" have longer coats..but can NEVER have blue eyes..

BUT in answer to your question

Because he picked us:lol:

From the first day I saw a long coated Mal (3-4yrs before Cruiser was born)..I wanted one..I didn't know at the time they were classed as a fault..BUT doing my research taught me they were and why..AND also taught me why they happen...

I had no intention of showing ever so I wanted a "pet" quality pup..When the litter was born there were 2 boys which I had the pick of..I chose him..regardless of coat..His breeder told us from around 4wks that she thought he was going to be a longer coated dog and the other boy would be a shorter coated dog..I switched from which one I wanted at 6wks and then we met them at 9 wks and made a decision..The decision was based on all the facts, nothing was hidden..

And faced with Cruiser at 9wks I am damn sure you would have made the same decision

If I decide to get another Mal I would love to have another longer coated dog..BUT given that the long coat test is now available there will no longer be any from any decent breeders..so Cruiser will be my first and last Long coat..(unless a rescue finds their way here)

Why after all your research did you buy two pups of a breed that never was and might not be? From what has been said on here I think both of yours deviated from the standard too? Why buy them?
  8. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara
    there are all sorts of mixes in northern inuits including akita.
  9. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    AKita would explain the tail too...
  10. geezer

geezer New Member

Name:
    Jon
    aaah she has a heart after all!!:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  11. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    LOL...ok:?:
  12. geezer

geezer New Member

Name:
    Jon
    :grin: :grin:
  13. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Thought i should mention as i've said elsewhere here that i was initially told my boy had Mal in his mix, There have been many discrepancies about his actual parents and i've now got DNA results back from the suspects/parents and he does not have Mal in his mix afterall.

Louise 1 - Liz 0 :lol:
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    SO what does he have Liz?
  15. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    p.m'd you. :002:
  16. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Just to clarify as ive had a few p.m's.
    The D.N.A swabs were to prove who the parents of my dog were, not the breed. I am not aware of a test to do that. One of the suspected parents of my dog was a Huskamute but my boys D.N.A does not match up to that dog. It do have a match for both parents and neither have Mal in the mix. Hope that helps :002:
  17. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    Thanks for that Liz I was wondering about breed being detectable
  18. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    An american company does a DNA test to identify breeds within a mix.. i`m not sure if they accept samples from dogs in the UK though.. i`ll e-mail them and ask.
    http://www.canineheritage.com/index.html
  19. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Louise:

Could you clear out some of your PM's - I'm trying to PM you, but your box is full !

Ta,

Gnasher
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Having had a wee conversation with Liz about her dogs results..I asked her howcome their is no mal in her dog if he is supposed to be Ni or part NI..

Does that mean there is no mal in the NI then????
  21. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Of course not silly,Liz has always said her dogs are crosses, so yes N.I still do have Mal in them, sorry to dissapoint lolllll