Do you think there is any Mal in the NI?? Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Nov 8, 2008.

?

Do you think there is any Mal in NI

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Yes but NI crosses?....

Have you seen DNA certs to state there is Mal in NI??

Apparently no one from NIS is brave enough to state this..so why are you so sure?

I think Liz originally said he was a Mal x Ute..but if Utes were originally NI then there should be Mal in there somewhere
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2009
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    And wouldn't NI show up as mongrels on a dna test anyway?
  4. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    since they've been breed pure ni to pure ni for so many generation, I doubt there would be much conclusive evidence either way...it would be too diluted to have a definite answer. I think the test is for dogs that are not generation after generation after generation of mixes...I am sure it has its limits...thats my opinion
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Hi Louise , am I correct in thinking you believe that there is no Mal in the NID? If I am correct, can you remind us why you think that way, please?
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well I am sure if you read the thread it will tell you
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I thought you would say something like that!!!! I have read it on a previous occasion (seems many moons ago when it started), I thought I remembered something about substance...., structure....
  8. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well considering you are on THAT same thread..its pretty obvious I am going to say to read it!!

Yes..substance, structure, conformation, size, etc etc..
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi,
    i would be very hard pushed and extremely surprised if their was any mal in my girlie!!..she looks like a very elegant and feminine piebald g.s.d!!!;-) ;-)
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    We all know that NIDs come in a variety of shapes and sizes (and some long established breeds are the same).
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I would say there is Mal in "some" Ni's, but as nobody really knows whats in them anyway, it wouldnt surprise me what popped up!
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    But all essentially look the same..unlike NI
  13. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    quote Inkleeva
    Friend of ours has 2 Mals, ones in intensive care, his skull isn't growing properly, apparently he is in a very bad way !

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mo
    I too would be interested in finding out which lines this dog is from? if you could supply that information it would be much appreciated.

also re this thread, I cannot say that there is definately NOT mal behind these dogs, purely because there has been so many lies about their background, its difficult to say, but IMO, if there is mal there? then IMO its probably not a very good example of the breed. Although many of the dogs are nice looking dogs, NON have I seen where I can hand on heart say wow that has mal in it somewhere, the dogs I have personally seen do not have the bone of a mal, the spring of rib, the outline, many of the dogs I have seen appear slab sided, rather lean, and rangy, they do appear to be more sibe/gsd crosses.

Mo

dont think you ever got back with the information? did you find out who this was?

mo
  14. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    This is the reply i received from the Canine Heritage in the US..

No, I'm sorry, but not at this time. Our markers have been established from dogs within the U.S. We have found that dogs of the same breed, but from other countries can have different markers, and in that case the test will fail. We do hope to one day broaden our markers to compensate for this issue. When we do we will then offer the test worldwide.

Kindest Regards,
    Kathy Stewart

When they do go worldwide i will be get at least one of my dogs tested, for my own curiosity.
  15. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Is that for DNA testing of which breeds a mix breed may have? Just curious because one of my brood is assisting with research into this in Australia because they want to test the accuracy of such tests.
    Becky
  16. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Yes that`s correct :grin:

Here`s a link to their site:
    http://www.canineheritage.com/index.html
  17. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I will remind Callum to ask, hes at the gym tomorrow night hopefully she will be on shift...but really its not up to me to be making things like that public as the breeder has been made aware of the situation and the dog has since been pts, I would hope that the breeder has forwarded on all information needed !:)
  18. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd

I understand your concern, so if you want to you can pm me the information, as I am also breeder, I would like to be informed so that something like this does not get introduced into my line if it is hereditory I would like to steer clear if possible, sometimes breeders are not alway up front about problems in their lines, which is a shame.

Mo
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Perhaps all will be revealed in that book that surely should be published soon.... Oh , sorry there is me thinking there really is a book:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: It has been suggested that the GSD/s that were used have been identified..:?: :?: :roll: :roll: If that was the case , I see no reason why the rest of the dogs that were used cannot be identified/traced.