Does anyone have a bassett griffon vendeen? General Chat

Discussion in 'Basset Griffon Vendeen (Grand)' started by flowisp, Mar 27, 2008.

1. flowisp

flowisp New Member

Name:
    anna

Does anyone have a bassett griffon vendeen?

I know this sounds a little bizarre, but my dream is to be a show handler, and last night I had a really vivid dream that I bought a little bassett griffon puppy. I think they are beautiful dogs, but I dont know much about them. Does anyone on here own one or have experience with them? Just for an insight really....:lol:

Thanks x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    My friend breeds both the Grand and the Petits - they're lovely dogs :D
  4. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Don't own any but know them well, I like the grands.
  5. surannon

surannon New Member

Name:
    Debs
    I have a Grand. Fabulous breed!

Debs
  6. flowisp

flowisp New Member

Name:
    anna
    are they of a quiet nature or are they bouncy? I have a collie so I guess anything quieter would be a blessing...:) xxx
  7. surannon

surannon New Member

Name:
    Debs
    I can only speak for the Grands but they are the sweetest dogs ever! I have two Collies also so I know what you mean :mrgreen:

They are bouncy - very very bouncy in fact :lol: Typical scenthound temperament really. Definately 'fun' dogs. They're really quite bright and pick things up easily. You have to be careful excercising when young but once they're mature they can go anywhere and do anything you want really! The people in the breed at shows have been really nice too. Not many health problems in the breed and there's not much to their upkeep - just a strip out completely when their coats are changing and regular attention to coat and ears - just like any other breed really.

I'd definately have another one. My Husband has fallen in love with them. Mind you. he says anything other than a Pharaoh is an improvement :lol:

Debs

Debs
  8. spinyap

spinyap New Member

Name:
    yvonne
    I have a G.B.G.V too, she's 2 and half now a real charcter they melt your heart , but you really need to met them in real life and read up about them
  9. AussieGeek

AussieGeek New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Could I see pics by chance :016:
  10. spinyap

spinyap New Member

Name:
    yvonne
    Hi there
    here's a pic of our beautiful G.B.G.V Lulu

[​IMG]

Yvonne
  11. spinyap

spinyap New Member

Name:
    yvonne
    hi there
    can anyone help me , iam having problems downloading pictures onto the site
    yvonne
  12. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Were thiniking of getting a petite for me to show when and if we move as a second breed,. Ive started researching now for 5 years down the line