Dogo Argentino Discussions

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    They are a stunning breed :D:D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    No i dont think so, i just dont think the cane corso are in the kennel club!! but who cares about kennel club cus i dont, i love corso's :grin:
  4. doggy mad

doggy mad New Member

beautiful dogs
  5. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

This is my 2nd fave breed! i met some dogo's in poland they are amazing dogs ive never seen a dog that loves children sooo much!!! I think they come under the DDA which doesnt make sense as this breed it not dog agrresive nor was this breed bred to fight:? u can understand why APBT/Tosa/Fila are on it but this dog doesnt fit the "dangerous dog" bill, I think if they wanted 2ban all dogs bred for fighting Staffs EBT and presa should have also been included as at 1point these dogs where used and were bred for that purpose.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  6. Alohacorso

Alohacorso New Member

Name:
    Karen
    No the CC's are not a breed recognized by our AKC club either. They are registed under FCI as well as a few good private registries as a purebred rarebreed. But as you say who care!! :grin:
  7. Alohacorso

Alohacorso New Member

Name:
    Karen

I can't seem to edit my previous post but it was meant to say nor and not now learning. I hate typos!!
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Why are these Dogs banned in the UK , i am just being curious :-/

Also i hope that..... WTF.... did`nt mean what i think it meant, Because there is no need for that. If i am wrong then i apologize, and its just my over active imagination ;-)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  9. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

They come under the DDA and are mentioned by name, this is the 1dog i believe should not be on it as this dog is not bred for fighting but hunting as are many many other dogs which are still allowed in the UK. I think they are on the DDA due to the fact they look like a pitbull in a way but these dogs are not even classed as a bull breed they are infact Mastiff's!! Lovely dogs sadly we'll never see them here, Just wondering did any1 even owned a Dogo in the UK before the DDA? i dont think ive ever heard of a breeder or any1 owning this dog in the UK
  10. SheWolf

SheWolf New Member

Name:
    Lina
    aw, dogos are wonderful dogs!
    I've fallen in love with all dogos I've met
  11. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

some more dogo's im totally in love with this breed lol...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Wow isn;t it a stunning and magnificent breed
  13. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    yes what she said was rude and agree no need for that
  14. Hamstaff

Hamstaff New Member

Name:
    Sian
    This breed is truly magnificent to behold. I would have been honoured to have seen pics of your dogs,but, I would have been disgusted to see pictures of it, or any other dog for that matter, hunting wild boar.Thanks but no thanks.
    Sadly, they are banned in my country and I will never get the chance to see one in the flesh unless I bump into one on holiday somewhere!Fingers crossed :grin:
  15. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

Even before the DDA im pretty sure no1 in the UK owned 1of these amazing dog's ive met 2 all in poland and i must say this is truly an amazing breed
  16. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    the 3rd pic down WOW what a dog
  17. Abbas_786

Abbas_786 New Member

18. Naya1974

Naya1974 New Member

Name:
    Natalia
    HELLO MAUREEN,

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO IS THE OWNER OF A DOGO AND I HOPE THAT I HAVE FOUND ONE!! I AM THINKING OF PURCHASING A dOGO PUPPY SOON. I WAS SURE THAT I WAS PREPARED FOR THE BREED BUT THE MORE A GOOGLE AND READ, IS THE MORE I KNOW THAT I NEED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS FIRST HAND SO, PLEASE ASSIST AND TELL ME JUST HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO OWN THIS DOG, AS THEY ARE INDICATING.
  19. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I would think the best peopel for you to contact and get a feel for this breed, will be the breeders, and breed clubs !!

If they are true enthusiasts of the breed, they will give you all the negatives about the breed as well as the positives.

We cant help you here in the UK, but do some research in the US, look for breeders, find out were they show them, go and meet some, meet breeders, see the dogs in their own enviroment and how they interact with strangers/dogs.

If you are having doubts , dont rush into it.

P.S... dont write in capitals, its considered rude /shouting on forums!!!
  20. JohnnieCanuck

JohnnieCanuck New Member

Name:
    Brad
    Maureen, I've just returned from walking a neighbor's dogo on a lovely Autumn evening.
    I've known three dogos, and I've been awestruck by all three of them.
    They are big puppies, like baby bull terriers, until they are two and one half years old to three years old. Then the MALES mature and can be difficult to handle, always wanting to hump legs or fight other male dogs, and even challenging their owner for dominance. The females are much easier to deal with.
    They are unique dogs, very smart, very sensitive, very loving and funny. You have to study dog handling and dominance in order to own such a strong dog, and you have to be willing to devote a lot of time to your dogo - they are miserable unless they can be at their master's side.
    They're happy just to lie at your feet. If you want a soul mate and a life partner, the dogo is a perfect choice. But it's got to integrated into your lifestyle.
    They are an odd dog in that they distinguish between two groups of people, known people friends and family and neighbors, and everyone else, whom the dogo treats much differently. Dogos need to be socialized from a young age with as many people and dogs as possible, everyday.
    A well-socialized dogo is a joy to be around and can live with cats, etc.
    I advise you to visit a good breeder's kennel and meet a few dogos in person to catch their vibe - they're amazing and beautiful creatures.
  21. Naya1974

Naya1974 New Member

Name:
    Natalia
    I thank you JohnnieCanuck!

The information that you have provided has been of GREAT assistance. I have done plenty of research and I have spoken to breeders as well and I have decided to go ahead and myself a dogo puppy.

Should you discover any more nformative details of the dogo.. Please do share.