Dogos - Any owners here? General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by 3dognight, Nov 8, 2008.

1. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil

Dogos - Any owners here?

hello there everyone, i was wondering if there are any dogo owners here at this wonderful site,iv got two...phil
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Its a mainly UK based forum, although we do have a few from other Countries, with that in mind the Dogo is banned in the UK. Nice dogs though, Im fond of them. Pics please!
  4. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Just wanted to echo Dawn's reply.

A banned breed here I'm afraid but I'd love to hear about yours and perhaps see some pictures
  5. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
  6. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    sorry for the double pic there,the pirate is KO and the other is EA,they are wonderfull pets, the dogo is a hunting dog /boars...developed in 1962 so they are fairly new,there are not for everyone and most breeders are exteamly picky on who get one.....KO the pirate is one of the biggest ever seen in the dogo comunity31 inches at 11 months 120 lbs...the other f/m is 75lbs at 1.5 yaers old and 26 inches ..breed standard for a f/m...you can get more detaied info at DACA...dogo club of america.they get a bad rap because of there look and they are a dog of interest to those who use them to fight, o dogo rarely starts a fight but knows how to finish one,they are a true gladiator and there are some that will take down a cougar..look them up .these guys protect my property and are not vicious, big sooks...phil
  7. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    They are beautiful, Phil. More photos please - I'd love to get a closer look at these two beauties :049:
    [​IMG]
  8. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    Aw, being in the UK never seen one in the flesh. But I loved that film "Bombon El Perro". I think it was Argentinian about a man who was gifted a dogo and started taking him to shows when he was told he had a brilliant dog! The lead actor was a man practically taken off the street- not a trained actor at all but he was great.
  9. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    Oh they are so striking - they are really stunning looking dogs:grin:
  10. elaineb

elaineb New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I had never heard of them before now. Stunning looking dogs though. Why are they banned here in UK is it something to do with the Pit Bull?
  11. Oushi

Oushi New Member

Name:
    marcus
    cracking dogs and a wonderful breed that unfortunately is banned here prohibiting us from having the pleasure of owning/experiencing them first hand
  12. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    here are a few more pics,i will take a few more today to get some close ups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
  14. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Soooooo gorgeous! :049:
    [​IMG]
  15. Ixectrona

Ixectrona New Member

Name:
    Frida
    Yeah, why are they banned? Sure, they have Bull terrier, "Old Córdoba Fighting Dog" in them (and much more), but that doesn't mean they are a fighting breed. From what I know, the majority of the dogs causing trouble are so-called "pit bull mixes"... so why then ban a breed that is a hunting dog?
    (If the reason for the banning is that people view them as a fighting dog, which I don't know)

I mean, okay, Filas are banned in the UK but they are definetely not a fighting breed but make a very aggressive guard dog - but what's the reason for banning the dogo argentino?

Sorry if I sound stupid in any way, but I don't know much about dogs in the UK at all)
  16. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    wow.. im a member of the dogo club of america and never heard that one ...cordoba fighting dog?there is a mix of dogs in the breed and not sure about the corboba ..i will look it up and get back to you....
  17. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    just made a phone call and yes there is cordoba in there lines,1962 is when they were developed,they dont mention it in most of the literature on the dogs because most dont know, but i spoke with a desendant of the brothers, who desighned the dogos.....wow....good one ...thanks phil
  18. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    lovely dogs i love the black patch over the eye (never seen a dog like that befor )smashing:grin:
  19. youngstevie

youngstevie

Lovely dogs....:mrgreen:
  20. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    why are their ears cropped?
  21. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    usually there ears are cropped for there look,but in the case of the dogos they usaully get damaged on the hunt or in the pack by other dogs,there is no real need to do it IMO...