Dogue De Bordeaux - breed information wanted General Chat

Discussion in 'Dogue de Bordeaux' started by Mazziecakes, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Is the dads photo of him as a youngster ?

The DDB i know of have much more bulk and mass .
    Just look at pictures of Snakemans Dave on here...

If you Google Am Bull cross DDB The litter pic you posted will look very familiar ...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. pippam

pippam

Name:
    n/a
    The only bad thing ive heard about them is that they slobber!

If I had the space and a bit more experience with dogs I would definately have them. Ive met a few and I really like their laid back natures. I think the bitches are nicer looking when fully grown.
  4. Mazziecakes

Mazziecakes New Member

Name:
    Maz
    Hmm... Well when I go to see them I shall ask all the right questions and I'll be careful with what I decide, thank you to everyone who's commented, you've all given me a lot to think about :)
  5. snakeman

snakeman New Member

Name:
    Stuart
    Good luck with whatever you decide but I would be very wary that they are pure ddb..the father doesnt look like a pedigree dogue at all to me and as mentioned the colours of those pups are not what you would expect.If they are asking top money I would certainly look elsewhere if I was you.;-) Would like to see pic of mum if you could get one.
    This is my DDB at just over 9 months old.
    [​IMG]
    9 months old by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  6. kammi_sparky123

kammi_sparky123 New Member

Name:
    *has nothing to add except I love Dave* :lol:
  7. Fifitrix

Fifitrix New Member

Name:
    Claire
    DDB are gorgeous! We have a 20 month old male who is absolutely gorgeous. I agree with what others have said regarding the pups - the darker pups colouring doesn't ring true. My DDB was a fawn colour from being born. Please bear in mind the strength of these dogs - as I said mine is 20 mnths old and not fully grown and is already 52kg!!!!! Huuuggggeeee! They are an absolutely beautiful do g in nature, very laid back and 'soft'. I also have a 5yr old and our dog puts up with alot from him!
    Big dog also means big appetite so again be aware of feeding costs.
    There is alot of drool so be prepared for that! Saying all that my dog is my 'baby' - a big baby but I wouldn't have him any other way!
  8. billy101186

billy101186 New Member

Name:
    billy
    hi im wanting advice and info on DDB's im thinking a lot about getting a female ive had dogs before and (but never a ddb) what are the pro's and con'sif you like in them thanks.........................
  9. pingu007

pingu007 New Member

Name:
    BECKY
    we had one, always make sure they are heart tested mum dad puppies, its a huge problem in the breed!!! be aware a lot of dogs are not familiar with a flat nosed dog and yu might find your dog at risk of being attacked (our girl was attacked on several occasions by "friendly" dogs who had "never done anything like this before" ) they are an amazing breed we are saving up for another one, they dont need that much space we lived with our girl in a caravan for a while ad she loved it :) they need strict training when young, what you let a puppy get away with jumping up ragging etc you are teaching for ythe future something to be aware of, for this reason we never taught her paw hers were the size of plates!!!! they dont have a great life expectancy our girl lived to 8 and the vet said she had never seen one past 6 insurance is the best thing to do, any ailment will cost you a fortune, but at the end we were paying 60 quid a month so a big expense, unless you already have a few thousand put away for any contingency insurance really is important, its a matter of when not if with a dogue. they have so much affection so much love to give and are just the most wonderful breed for me the upsides totally wipe out the down sides for me, they are just my breed :)
  10. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Are you sure, the pic of the dam with her pups, does not resemble a pure bred DDB

Agree with the above, my guess would be xbreeds to be honest,
  11. Snoringbear

Snoringbear New Member

Name:
    Simon
    They are not pure DDB. Chocolate is a non-standard colour that is incredibly rare. The only thing even rarer that I have seen is a single litter in Australia that were all born pied from standard parents. Dad looks like a poor example of a pure DDB. Some of the pups look brindle, too. No idea what mum could be as wrong colour and does not look like a DDB from picture.
  12. HarleysAngel

HarleysAngel New Member

Name:
    Gill
    I'd check they are pure because of the mixed colours. I have 4 and all of them are amazing :) 2 of my own and 2 I'm fostering for the Ddb welfare. Big slobbery babies and very protective and loyal animals x make sure u have asked about hip scores etc before u think about buying 1 :)
  13. lazaru

lazaru New Member

Name:
    Dan
    here is rufus now hes 14 months old ive not posted any updates for a good few months ,and for anyone who remembers me can see how well hes done in growth and bulking out ,hes weighing in at 63kg and still got 8-12 months of growing to go .he such a good ,gentle ,mischievous dog and very handsome as all the other ddb owners we meet keep telling him (its gone to his head )but all the emberez dogues have the handsome gene .im a carp fisherman and go fishing for 3 days at a time and sleep over in my tent and rufus loves it .i take him everywhere i go ,hes been all over the country by train and every one just loves him .people seem to flock to us with requests for photos and can they stroke him ect.and of coarse we oblige .there must be hundreds of photos of him on mobile phones all over the country

[​IMG][/IMG]
    i will try and find some more pics to show his progress over the last few months ...and it goes without saying i love him to bits.
    e2a his hip score is a very good 8/6
    the pups in the photos are not ddb,s no way as has been said they look like ddb x american bulldog to me
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
  14. snakeman

snakeman New Member

Name:
    Stuart
    Hes looking great mate..is he really 63 kilos?..he doesnt look that big in the pic.
  15. lazaru

lazaru New Member

Name:
    Dan
    yeah mate he was weighed last week when he was given his routine wormers and flea treatment .
    the pics about 2 months old ,as you can tell by the leaves on the trees .i will get another recent one when i get home from work tonight .
  16. snakeman

snakeman New Member

Name:
    Stuart
    8) Nice one..Dave was almost 70kilos last weigh in dread to think what he is now lol...:lol: