Dorset Olde Tyme Bulldogs litter General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by helenbell, Jul 16, 2010.

1. helenbell

helenbell New Member

Name:
    Helen

Dorset Olde Tyme Bulldogs litter

I have Dorset Olde Tyme Bulldogs, my bitch has had a litter, there is 3 puppies left and I dont want to part with them, they are 9 weeks old and are totally stunning, I have both parents so is it advisable to keep them all ?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    It's a tricky one. As I can guarantee there in future are bound to be some spats/fights.

It's going to be extremely hard too, having three puppies of the same age to take care of, especially training wise.

If this is what you plan to do, I'd get mum spayed & Dad neutered, and the same for the puppies when they come of age if you have no further plans to breed.
  4. Netpon

Netpon New Member

Name:
    Annette
    Agree with the above. It is very hard to train littermates together and they often bond with each other more than you and with a breed that is already stubborn this could cause problems.

You've also got to think about neutering, its best to let bitches have at least one season before you spey them and let boys grow to full size before they are neutered so it could get tricky!
  5. helenbell

helenbell New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Thanx 4 your reply, I shall sell the puppies, my bitch will be getting dressed anyway. thanx