Entropian in Border Terrier Health

Discussion in 'Border Terrier' started by Moobli, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Dawn. I saw her a few weeks ago but that was before my sister had been back to the vets again. I have telephoned her and left a message, so hopefully she will ring me back later today.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Scary isn't it - how they can get it so wrong :?
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I am going to definitely suggest a second opinion. The vet did say that hopefully it would right itself as she matured (and her face filled out) and so surgery wouldn't be necessary,

No Dawn, she lives in North Lancashire.
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Thanks for your experiences Maxine. It sounds such a horrible condition. I am glad your dog didn't have to go through surgery.
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    That is interesting. The BT in question has had two or three bouts of conjunctivitis so far.
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Lets hope its just due to the previous infections Kirsty, would be a none surgical outcome!
  8. maxine

maxine New Member

Name:
    Maxine
    We were very fortunate to be referred to a cautious vet at the college, who was trying to impress upon the students that surgery was a last resort. I did find that lubricating eye drops did help when the stitches came out. When her eyes got dry they did roll back in one or twice but a blob of goo seemed to sort it.
  9. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I got a reply from my sister as follows :-

"Thanks for asking around for me. The vet actually showed me how when you put your finger under her left lower eyelid, it turned in on itself. Will email the breeder about this, hopefully this weekend."

As I said earlier though, surgery will be a last resort.

Will keep you informed and thanks to everyone for their help.
  10. maxine

maxine New Member

Name:
    Maxine
    If it would help I will dig out the photos we took of Lottie with her stitches in and scan them. She looks horrific but it was temporary and it avoided the surgery.
  11. maxine

maxine New Member

Name:
    Maxine

Once the infection has gone lubricating drops may help. I think Lottie may have also had some tear duct/production issues which were easily sorted with a periodic blob of goo.