Epic Fail at the FCI Worlds Working Dogs

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by smokeybear, Sep 25, 2012.

1. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear

Epic Fail at the FCI Worlds

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Oh dear!!

The dog looked a bit... excitable. Was that a redirected/frustrated aggression type reaction or just a mistake from the dog?
  4. celli

celli New Member

Name:
    jane
    Oops :shock:
    Dog looked as if he was having a ball though :lol:
  5. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    The former I think............ :)
  6. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

lmao - I bet the guy was planning to streak and chickend out so his dog was just helping
  7. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Good job he was not going commando! :lol:
  8. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Aaah. Bless his little heart. I think he was just telling Dad, that they need to move on!! What a shame, and waht a worker. I know it was not good for competition.. But we must blame the owner... Surely??
  9. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    Ohh what happened? I can't view it on my phone!
  10. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    The dog got a bit cheesed off on the guarding so decided to take out his frustration on his owner's trousers..............

Needless to say, he was DQ!
  11. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    The Dog , had stopped and controlled the target. As they waited to move on again. The Dog gabbed the owners trousers! I know that this is wrong, and it is serious competition, but it was just like the Dog was saying "Dad, we need to move, quickly!!" I suppoose it is just me being a pet owner. But it was so lovely.( Hope the Doggy doesn't get shouted at!)
  12. scout75

scout75

Name:
    scout
    This is doing the rounds on FB and I keep watching it...:lol:

The cruel part of me was disappointed when the helper managed to distract him...would have been funny to see if the trousers were going to come right off...haha
  13. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Yeah I thought it was very unsporting of the helper, spoiled what could have been fun.

I think the owner has probably had a word in the Mali's ear! :)
  14. scout75

scout75

Name:
    scout
    Although the helper did leave it a while...haha

The poor owner just looked like 'WTF' :lol: :lol:
  15. bijou

bijou New Member

Name:
    yvonne
    Sorry folks but this is totally unacceptable ....NO dog should be so out of control that it bites it's owner or handler - ( and then was 'rewarded' with the sleeve ? ) - as most of you know I really dislike the bite work element in dog sports and this is a classic example of the reason why !
  16. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear

I think everyone knows its unacceptable, including the handler, helper and judge, not to mention fellow competitors and spectators.

That was why he was disqualified. ;)

Actually I have seen similar things occur in the Agility Ring with dogs so hyped up and "out of control" that they bite their owners.

If I have time, I will post some footage of this.

I have also seen it in the showring.

I have also seen it with pet dogs out and about.

It is not restricted to a particular breed or a particular discipline.

It occurs when dogs are over aroused.

Biting owners (and judges and other people) occurs in all contexts.

I still think it is funny. :)
  17. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I also think it's amusing! :grin:

Even though it's obviously unacceptable, could it be, possibly, that this dog was not ready for this level of competition? Of course he must have qualified for it but I doubt that was the first time he's ever done it.

Zane gets over excited and nips with his front teeth. He's only ever done it to me and I stop him in his tracks. It happens on average once every 6 months or so.

I can understand a dog being over excited or too aroused in a given context but under competition conditions at world level it makes me wonder whether he should have been there at all.

But like I said, I do think it was funny all the same! :lol:
  18. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    A famous extremely successful trainer, competitor and judge once said to me:

They are only dogs.

It behooves us to remember that, and not confuse them with robots.

I seem to remember that there were a few mistakes and teddies thrown out of the pram during the olympics and paralympics, and they were human! ;)
  19. Sosha

Sosha New Member

Name:
    Sosha
    Looked like the dog got over excited and went in for a bit of trouser tug.

Had to pause my conversation on a walk the other day after running the terrier over a huge pile of logs.

"Give me a minute - I'm about to be attacked."

By an over excited terrier in "Woohoo that was BRILLIANT Let's play chase?" Mode.

Of course that wasn't competition Logs...
  20. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Yup totaly agree
    I found the clip funny - the dog did not bite the handler he was playing tuggy with his trousers
    He just got a bit hyped up doing his job and didnt know how to deal with the excitment

and yup I have had a nip on the bum from both my dogs when they were really young and we were both learning agility, they were excited and I was handling badly
    No its not right - but its not aggression - in their case its the sheepdog bit of them reverting to whats natural in trying to hurry me up
    as they learnt to control their excitment more and I learnt to handle better it never happend again

I think all to often we forget dogs are dogs - and our sports are just a hobby
    That dog didnt hurt anyone, yes he needs a little more training to learn how to contain his excitment, but he has great work drive, he wanted to interact with his handler and he loves playing tuggy
  21. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

haha thats too cute