Everything BORZOI! General Chat

Discussion in 'Borzoi' started by THE PET PSYCHIC, Sep 28, 2010.

1. THE PET PSYCHIC

THE PET PSYCHIC New Member

Name:
    The Pet Psychic

Everything BORZOI!

Hi,
    If you have any questions on Borzoi's or sight hounds for that matter, just ask, 39 years with sight hounds and lurchers, 15 years with Borzois!
    I am here to help :) :grin:
    [mod edit]
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    I LOVE borzoi! Always wanted one, but I have cats. Can they be trained to leave kitties alone? Also, pics please!!!
  4. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Pictures would be lovely, don't see many Borzois :)
  5. THE PET PSYCHIC

THE PET PSYCHIC New Member

Name:
    The Pet Psychic
    All hounds including Borzois are fine with cats they live with, providing you buy the borzoi or hound as a puppy. My Rosie lives in my house with 5 cats!
    Its only older Borzoi's who have never lived with cats see them as a chase, thats all.
    So have a puppy and you will be absolutely fine, normally the dog will be more scared than the cats! lol
    Hope this helps xxx
    Joanne x
  6. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Thanks Joanne! Thats great news!
  7. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    You will get occassioanl sighthound who are small friendly.

I went to see a grey today who is an ex racer who lives very happily with a couple fo cats in the house and several other locally.

I also have a friend who has a rescue Saluki, she was fantastic with my friends smalls (rats and Rabbit) and they used to curl up together in the house :)
  8. Windhound

Windhound New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    Hi everybody,my claim to fame is that I have owned Borzoi since 1973 ( 37 yrs) and have run the Rescue since 1982 ( 28 yrs) .Mine have lived with a variety of other breeds,corgi,whippet,lurcher,and I had a cat for 12 years that they all (Borzoi) knew and respected.After all these years living with this lovely breed,there are still things that I am learning My old GSD who has lived with them for the last 13yrs still enjoys playing "chase the wolf" (him) with the girls,who adore him. If I knew how to put pictures on here I would put some of my girls,but I am an infant when it comes to computers!!!:mrgreen:
  9. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    From making like the ultimate smart.... on other threads,we've just come back from a trip to Poland and we've booked a borzoi pup!First time with this breed!SO EXCITED!I'll be taking my homeopathic supplements as this boy is to be a showdog.It will be SOOOO embarrassing if I can't move fast enough to trot him in the ring!
    My kids are equally excited about this and I'm hammered with comments like "Jeez Pappy,I'll take him in for you"
    I'm only 60 kids PLEEZ!I get the uncomfortable feeling they (my dear offspring) want me to shuffle off my mortal coil sooner rather than later to get on with fighting over which one gets Anton! He's a white and silver with impeccable breeding,will probably go pretty much pure white as he gets older like his mammy.His pappy is white with fawn/tan ears.
    Both parents champions(missus is muttering about the price of the pup not to mention flying him in when he's old enough-I haven't reminded her of that bit...)and all 4 grandparents+ all 8 ggp's serious international championships.PLUS he's pick of litter!No sure thing for show wins I know,he was 4 days old when we saw him,but it's a bloodline almost completely unknown on this side of the world.IF he turns out okay show wise he could be an interesting contribution to a small gene pool.If he doesn't he'll be a well loved addition to the household and will live his days galloping about the garden,tormenting the terriers and shoving my missus out of our bed!
    Back to the point(Sorry,we Irish have to put a story with every tale) what's the story with grooming these hairy guys for show?How many times a month do I need to bath,condition him?Brushing will happen every day,we do that with our shorthaired dogs coz they love it so much,but what extra care is needed for a coated showdog?Do borzois need protective clothes like afghans do?She Who Must Be Obeyed will be at her sewing machine immediately if they do.All I have to do is stop her putting lace and sequins on it...He's a man my Anton!
  10. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    I can't answer your questions but ZOMG I'm jealous!
  11. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Dammit - want answers!Can't believe the missus is letting me do this.I have pics of him and his unbelievably stunning parents on the computer but don't know how to upload them onto the site.Can email to anyone who is more comp savvy to put up?Daughter is in Dublin and won't be down to sort out poor old dad's computer until Easter.Boo Hoo!!!email tonto@dr.com,I'll email pics if you can put them up?
  12. Windhound

Windhound New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    Sorry cannot help with downloading pictures I am the same as you,illiterate when it comes to difficult things on computors! Where in Poland did you get him from? I have 4 Borzoi (adults) at the moment and a new baby coming in 4 weeks,she is 6wks at the moment,can't wait! Sounds like she is similar coloring to your boy,white with cream ears and blue on the edges. Her father is a Bobrowska,litter brother to Bobrowska Phenominan who is a Multiple Champion in Europe. As to grooming ,you need to get yourself a Mason Pearson brush and get him used to it on a daily basis,it does not break the hair. He only needs bathing when he gets really dirty or when you are showing him,and yes you can condition,but make sure you rinse him thoroughly.Always brush the coat from back to front,because that is how it grows!Hope to read more about your Anton.:grin:
  13. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    This is Mammy, ROZA,[​IMG][/IMG]I've lost the pictures of Anton somewhere in the download files...

The breeder is near Krakov,I can't remember the names (too few vowels in Polish names for me!) but pappy is from a very very well known Polish kennel.
  14. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Here's daddy,Casanova Stepowy Goniec.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    And Anton,just a little blob so far...
  15. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    And grandpa,International Champion Radoga's Wild One
  16. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Roza's pedigree for the afficianado..
  17. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Uncle Pl Ch Casablanca, litterbrother to Casanova
  18. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Great Grandma,15 years old here - doesn't she look great?
    Top winning bitch in Poland of all time I believe,or ws that her mother...
  19. Tass

Tass New Member

Name:
    Tass
    Wow! 15 is an excellent age for a Borzoi, never mind looking as great as that. Beautiful dogs. Blue and white is my favourite Borzoi colour but you very rarely see those.
  20. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Cracking dogs! And 15 is a great age for a Borzoi! You're pup will have beauty and health on its side! Can't wait to see it "grow up" on here in pictures! Will be living vicariously through you! Love the name Anton!
  21. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    [​IMG][/IMG]Picture of the grand old lady vanished so I'm putting it up again.The "I've done this so many times before,aren't I stunning" look in her eye cracks me up.