Eye Problem. Health

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is not only missing the chat and missing things that would normally be mentioned over the table, but if you have to wait outside when the dog is taken in, you probably do not even get a chance to speak to the vet personally, and I dread to think how it must affect nervous pets or those with separation anxiety.

I am lucky that Ram comes here and am so very grateful to him for that, and all the help and support he has always given me. Honestly Carole, if you could see the way he marches through my bungalow to the ensuite to weigh Tikki, with her tucked under his arm and her tail wagging twenty-to-the-dozen - makes me laugh every time! He is a big guy [not quite as big as Amit but he still towers over me] and she is only little... and the way he talks to her while he clips her nails telling her to behave if she wriggles, checks her ears and teeth and telling her how clean they are... he really is one in a million.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    At our practice it is the vet who collects the dog at the car park, takes him in and brings him out, so you do have time for some conversation. Ed used to love going to the vet too, but this was his ninth operation and he now shakes when I hand over his lead.
    His tally is one cyst removed from a toe, three broken tooth extractions, (he broke a tooth on two occasions, but had to have some alveolar bone removed when the first extraction wouldn't heal), three operations for bowel ulceration and polyp removal, and the two recent eye ops. He deserves an award for long service!
    Edited. Tenth operation, Clive castrated him too!
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Glad the op has been successful and Edie is much better.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thanks Vee.