Feeding Health

Discussion in 'Weimaraner' started by Ste baker, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ste baker

Ste baker New Member

Name:
    Ste

Feeding

Hello everyone I have recently become the owner of beautiful Weimaraner puppy called blue. He is 9 weeks old today but most of the time I feed him within the next hr or so he brings it back up with a lot of white phlegm. I have tried feeding him little amounts often to prevent this but to no luck. I have had antacid tabs off vet but still seems to be happening. We feel so sorry for him as he is understandably a little under weight, due to not keeping his food down. Any help would be greatly received, thanks.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What are you feeding him on? Kibble? Tinned food? He is only a baby so I do not understand why your vet just gives him antacid tablets without finding why he keeps throwing up.

Can you not find a vet who will help your baby? I do not like the sound of the one you have now.
  4. Ste baker

Ste baker New Member

Name:
    Ste
    He is gulping his food and he was like this when we got him a week ago, it seemed to clam down for a couple of days but has flared up again today. He is on wet food but I think dried food would be much better.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Do you know what his breeder was feeding him, and have you changed it? I do not know anything about kibble or wet food as I am a raw feeder, but it does not sound right to me and I think I would look for another vet.

What has his breeder had to say?
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Is his stomach making noises?
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    If he is just throwing his food back, I would try mashing or liquidising it, feeding him smaller portions more frequently, and try to keep him quiet for an hour or so after feeding.
    I would speak to his breeder, let her know that you are having this problem. Ask whether she ever saw him do this when he was being weaned.
    I do hope your puppy grows out of this soon. I have had some experience of this problem in a puppy that I bought in.
    Please update us.