Female 25 months in heat Health

Discussion in 'Irish Wolfhound' started by Flossisboss, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Flossisboss

Flossisboss New Member

Name:
    Fs FBs

Female 25 months in heat

We have a 25 month old Wolfhound in heat. This is her 2nd time in heat and it's only 4 months since her first.

I know it can take time for a pattern to be established but I'd be interested to hear from any owners who have had Wolfhounds with a similarly short periods between seasons and had that pattern continue as she matured. We were not expecting this to happen for several months. We've only noticed it this evening, she will be going to the vet for a check up.

Also, while I am inclined not to breed her I would like to hear of experiences breeding from (female) Wolfhounds of a similar age.

Thanks!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I can't help with Wolfhound experience but four monthly cycles are not rare in toydogs. I would expect it to be less common in such a large breed though. As your girl was so late having her first season, I wouldn't worry too much. She could still fall into a normal cycle in the future. As bitches can sometimes follow their dam's pattern, have you had a word with her breeder? I hope someone with experience of the breed might be able to give you more specific advice.