Foot Problem HELP! Questions

Discussion in 'Golden Retriever' started by Tahlia, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Tahlia

Tahlia New Member

Name:
    Tahlia

Foot Problem HELP!

Hi guys, my 4 year old Golden Teddy has a little growth on the pad of his foot. Occasionally it bothers him and he stops walking or walks with a limp, particularly when he walks for long periods on hard surfaces. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I suspect it is some type of wart but I am unsure. What do you think?

Tahlia

IMG_0825.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    I would seek vets advice
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    It's hard to tell from a photo, but it looks like a little cyst to me. I would let your vet see it before it becomes inflamed or infected.
  5. Kathlene Dewberry

Kathlene Dewberry New Member

Name:
    Kathlene Dewberry
    Better is to take him to the vet before this gets worst.
  6. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    If you notice anything unusual, don't just assume it's caused by a local irritation and try to treat it on your own. However, just as in humans, no strange growths should go without veterinary attention. Soaking the foot in a warm, Epson salt bath for 5-10 minutes twice daily can help draw the infection out and increase the speed of the healing process. Drying the feet and then applying plain Neosporin can also help.
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Don't try to treat it yourself, take him to the vet!

It could be a thorn, sliver of glass or something like a khaki seed he's stepped on whilst out walking and is now embedding itself into the pad.

It definitely needs seeing to by a professional.
  8. Boerboel

Boerboel New Member

Name:
    Misty
    Dogs can be afflicted with several types of skin tumors, even on their feet and toes. Carcinoma is, by definition, an especially malignant and persistent form of cancer, often returning after is has been excised from the body and metastasizing to other organs and locations on the body. A squamous cell carcinoma usually comes from the skin around the nail. Large breed dogs and black colored dogs are more likely to be affected by these tumors. There is no known cause of squamous cell carcinomas of the toe in dogs.