Frenchie's with brain tumors Health

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by RomanTheFrenchie, Nov 30, 2021.

1. RomanTheFrenchie

RomanTheFrenchie New Member

Name:
    Vijay
    CaroleC likes this.

Frenchie's with brain tumors

We are new to the forum (we = me and Roman my Frenchie). It's been a crash course in learning how to clean his face folds and keep his nose from getting dry!

I just wanted to send everyone a resource if they are looking for help with a new brain tumor diagnosis. People have asked me a lot about Frenchie brain tumors (I do those surgeries on humans and started doing them on dogs to help out). The brachycephalic dogs get them unfortunately. If anyone needs resources, happy to help. There are some centers that do the surgeries, but this is where I fly to do the surgeries and treatments (all free for owners):

https://vetmed.umn.edu/centers-prog...nical-trials/canine-brain-tumor-trials-glioma

Love to everyone!

-Roman's Dad
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Good to hear that research is being done. Good luck with the trials
  4. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    This is on a Frenchie forum in the states as well, it seems like a scam too me.
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    As the study is through the University of Minnesota's College of Veterinary Medicine, I doubt it is a scam.
  6. RomanTheFrenchie

RomanTheFrenchie New Member

Name:
    Vijay
    Hi, not a scam. I posted on Breedia and French Bulldog News (that's probably the site you're referring to). I help Dr. Pluhar do the surgeries (she's the lead vet there, i'm in NYC so travel to help with the surgeries free of charge). We also have done surgeries on boxers and boston terriers with brain tumors. We have a pitt-boxer mix in a week we're operating on. I just am drawn to Frenchies b/c I have one so have posted on those sites. Honestly, these dogs have few options and i'm glad to be pushing research here. Our friend had a Frenchie puppy with hydrocephalus, and it was sad to see him pass with few to no options. Either way, if you're interested you can send me a message or reach out to UMN directly. Thanks all!
  7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Thanks for doing good for these dogs.