German Shorthaired Pointer Discussions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

German Shorthaired Pointer

German Shorthaired Pointer
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
  4. seren

seren New Member

Beautiful dogs this was my gsp called Tyson sadly he died at just 3 years old :smt022 (car accident) Still miss him every day he was such a great character a fantastic breed.

[​IMG]
  5. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
    Oh seren, how awful! He must have left a huge gap! He looks beautiful. They are a great breed aren't they, so sensitive and so graceful.
  6. seren

seren New Member

It took ages to realise he wouldnt be curled up by my feet anymore or looking out the window watching out for the neighbourhood cats! one of his fav past times!
    They are softies though I loved going to the fields and watching him running about ears flapping! :smt043 Then walking home he was always covered in mud but the best thing was one wipe with a towel and the coat was shiny and clean again!
    How long have you had gsp? they are very nice pics
  7. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
    The black one Murphy is 2 1/2 and the liver and white ticked Isla is just 9 mths. I have always had Springers previously, but saw a GSP at a local show and was hooked.as We got Murphy and were just totally knocked out by him, the personality and the grace, so we just had to get another. We have a Springer as well (Zack) and they all get along so well. Luckily we live out in the countryside as they do take a lot of exercise.And of course as you say they are wipe clean!! :D

Do you have other dogs?
  8. seren

seren New Member

Well I decided to go for a totally different breed as I just couldnt face having another GSP beacuse it wouldnt be Tyson (Silly I know) so I decided on a Cavalier king charles spaniel!! the total oposite of a GSP! He doesnt exactly wipe clean after a walk and lots of brushing is required!! But I wouldnt be without him they are a wonderful breed too and my OH has a border collie so we still do the running about in fields while my ckcs is lazing on the sofa having a snooze!

Isla is still a pup then! aww she has beautiful markings and Murphy is very hansome.
  9. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    What beautiful dogs, ive always admired them :) sorry to hear about loosing tyson:(
  10. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
  11. micki

micki

fantastic breeds, u can almost see the need to work in their eyes.
  12. Luke

Luke New Member

Fabulous pictures Het...love the last one of Murphy n Isla:)
  13. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
  14. becktrek

becktrek New Member

Hi fellow GSP owners! Here is my 1 yr old bitch, Tayla:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  15. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    just caught up on these pics! Brill!!
  16. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
  17. becktrek

becktrek New Member

what a cute pic novavizz
  18. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
    Thanks - I love him dearly but he hasn't been an easy dog to live with, had to keep him seperate from my Lab male for over a year as every time he saw him he fought. He put me in casualty twice in a month trying to seperate them, I did think, briefly, of parting with him at one point but couldn't bear to do it. They are good friends now, I think old age and castration has had an effect. Still very cantankerous though. He gets on really well though with my 4 yr old Dobermann male. Of course the big boss is my little Vizsla bitch. Aint that always the way.
  19. becktrek

becktrek New Member

Hello fellow GSP owners - I have a question for you...Does your GSPs have any skin/hair problems? Mine has dandruf and is now got very thinning hair and sheds loads!!! I know part of the problem is diet so I'm going to decrease the amount of chicken I fed her and add some oils to see if this helps but she has always had dandruf. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.
  20. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    Great pics!

Isla is fantastic - very muscly!

How tall are GSPs? They look quite big...
  21. Alison2006

Alison2006 New Member

Name:
    Alison
    :lol: What lovely pictures.