German Shorthaired Pointer Discussions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Molly2606

Molly2606 New Member

Name:
    Kelly
    lovely pics :grin: i see quite a lot always very friendly :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
    Neither of my two have any skin problems, although I am not sure if it is a particular breed problem. They do get a bit dandruffy in the winter but i generally just put that down to central heating and them not swimming as much. You are probably right to think about changing the diet, my male GSP is on a complete diet called Sneyds Working dog, and Isla is on Autarky as it seems to suit her better than the Sneyds. I buy in big bags and it works out very reasonable, seems to give them everything they need.
    It may just be an old wives tale, but my grandfather and father have had many working gundogs and they swore by a cup of tea being good for the dogs coats
  4. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
    Thanks Lottie :grin: My two are very muscly, but they spend a large part of each day charging round fields, they go to work with Stewart, hes an agronomist and walks a lot of crops and fields...so it works out well.
    Murphy is probably the large end of the scale for a GSP...and weighs about 35kg In height he will be a large Dalmation size. Isla is a lot smaller though
  5. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    Thanks Het,

It amazes me because Isla looks so much bigger than my spotty!
    Then again, I look at Takara and think she looks really small, look at her companions and don't think they're small then realise that T's the same size or even bigger!

I think it's just that T looks small to me! :lol:

Takara's only 25kg and I think males are usually around 30kg so yes, a large dalmatian would be around 35kg and as they're very similar in build (dalmatians are related to pointers afterall!) I suspect they're probably of similar size!

Sorry - I was thinking aloud so that's all a bit muddled! :lol:
  6. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Name:
    Lottie
    My parents and grandparents have always said this. I don't let Takara have tea because I've read it's bad for them but I think previous generations have always fed tea with no ill effects to the dog! My parents always said that a cup of tea helped their dogs keep nice coats and all their dogs (and other relatives' dogs) had tea.
  7. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
    If your dog's hair is thinning on both sides of her body (parallel) she could have a problem with her Thyroid glands, if so she will need to be checked by the vet, not serious but would need meds. Hope you sort it out. :grin:
  8. Sweetie

Sweetie New Member

Name:
    Tracy
  9. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Great pics everyone - I love GSPs!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2006
  10. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Lovely pictures on this post very adorable I must say :)
  11. Foxy

Foxy

Name:
    F

I do as well but aren't these GSP's :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gorgeous pictures on this thread - only just seen it :) :)
  12. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
  13. becktrek

becktrek New Member

Thanks for the advice. I haven't found anything on tea being bad for dogs but will keep checking.

Sweetie, welcome to dogwebbers and you have a gorgeous dog! I hope to hear from you. Keep posting.

Tayla and I are off to obediance training today. And then around a friend's for some play.
  14. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Wow stunning dogs x
  15. Sweetie

Sweetie New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    That is his favorite pose. He is known as the fire dog!!!!
  16. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
  17. Sweetie

Sweetie New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    This is my little old lady
    [img-big]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/TracyM2006/3606015.jpg[/img-big]

And my boy
    [img-big]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/TracyM2006/3606021.jpg[/img-big]
    [img-big]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/TracyM2006/3606012.jpg[/img-big]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  18. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Great pictures Sweetie, stunning looking dogs :grin:
  19. Sweetie

Sweetie New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Forgot to mention my little old lady is 12 this year I think she deserves a party
  20. Luke

Luke New Member

Great pics Sweetie-i have never seen the solid Liver GSP's before-they are quite the stunning animals!:D
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    You should see the solid blacks Luke, they are just amazing!
    Dawn.