good staffie breeders General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by danimal, Sep 28, 2006.

1. danimal

danimal New Member

Name:
    dan

good staffie breeders

hello there guys, great forum btw!! im doing my research as i will be lookin to purchase a staffy next summer and i want to make sure i get the right one! where am i best looking does anyone know of good breeders within 100 miles or so of london/ bristol! im basically looking for a nice aesthetic staff possibly irish not one of the stumpy ones that i see more and more of! would i get any problems if i did have an irish staff from people trying to take him away from me claiming its a pitbull? here are some pics of the shapes im interested in!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    you dont have to get an irish stafford to get a learner stafford

look up ghostlyease, cosmo staffords on google as they are kennel club reg staffords with atheletic and the orignal standards looks
    and also health tested
  4. danimal

danimal New Member

Name:
    dan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the below one is my favourite lol i love the red staffies i think they look ace!
    [​IMG]
  5. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    ripley is beautiful
  6. danimal

danimal New Member

Name:
    dan
    oh yes i love the blue one charlie aswel! i would be soo worried that someone might try to take him off me tho for being "pit" type? would you be able to prove he wasnt?
  7. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    No. IF the dog is "pit" type then that's what he is. That's the risk you will have to take if you go for that 'type'.

I am glad you are doing lots of research into dog breeds before getting one. Please don't forget to read our Quick Start Guides especially the one about ethical/non ethical breeders too, it could save you a lot of heartache in the long run.

Dog Breeders
  8. danimal

danimal New Member

Name:
    dan
    surely as long as it wasnt a blue one like charlie you would be ok? im sure as long as it didnt bite anyone or anyones pets no one would be able to take it off you? hmm i want a dog of the same proprtions as ripley, would it be possible to get a kc reg staffof this sort of size? that way if there were any problems i could show his kc reg as proof its not a pit!? more advice / help apreciated!
  9. Luke

Luke New Member

In post three the second blue stafford doesn't look very much like a stafford too me-sorry!
    If i were you i would seek out a good quality breeder, where you can see the dogs relatives if at all possible, can see that his parents are of a sound temperament, and of course-see the results of the relative health tests for the breed.
    In a sorta answer to your question about pit type, to me a stafford is a stafford and a pit type is a pit type.
  10. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    ghostlyease ripley is kennel club reg
  11. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Have you tried the Kennel Club website? They have a puppy sales register listing breeders that have pups available. There maybe something in your area. Take a look at a few litters, explain to the breeder what you're looking for.