Great Dane owners worldwide General Chat

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by daneman, Jun 3, 2009.

1. DogsRMyLife

DogsRMyLife New Member

Name:
    HappyDog
    Our family has a small handsome 3 year old Dane, only 125pds. He LOVES the kids so much! He curls into the smallest little ball and likes to sit his rump on our laps and his front feet on the ground. He I'd fairly lazy, but will go on walks when we make him. Does anyone else have a small great dane? We were hoping for a big great Dane since his mom was 180pds and his grandpa was 220pds. So we were kind of upset but we learned to love the guy either way.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @happydog It is nice to hear about your happy little Dane, but you may not get a response on these threads as they are so old - but stranger things have happened! Welcome to Breedia anyway, the Dane section is clearly in need of a boost.
  4. Brittani Bermudez

Brittani Bermudez New Member

Name:
    Britt
    Hi everyone, I’m getting a Great Dane but want to know if it looks like a pure bread or mix, the lady was told she was A pure bread but someone else even questioned her.

Attached Files:

5. Brittani Bermudez

Name:
    Britt
    Sorry I forgot to add that She is11weeks & said she was on the smaller side of only 15lb when she last checked at 9weeks. Thank you in advance!
  6. Brittani Bermudez

Name:
    Britt
    Sorry I forgot to add that She is11weeks & said she was on the smaller side of only 15lb when she last checked at 9weeks. Thank you in advance!
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This doesn't look like a Great Dane puppy to me, and I don't believe she is not heavy enough to be a Dane. She is a sweet puppy, but if it is a Great Dane that you have set your heart on, I think you would be disappointed.
    i would look for a breeder who is a member of a breed club, and registers all their stock with the Kennel Club. It is recommended that Dane breeders health test their stock for certain hereditable conditions, details of which will be found on the KC or breed club websites.