Great Danes-How much room do they need? Questions

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by sasmi, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    i love great danes,
    vicki - beautiful suki looks adorable xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Lovely pics Vikki. :D

Our old neighbours had a Great Dane called Ellie and we looked after her a couple of times when they went on holiday. I have to say this dog was the most laidback affectionate lump! :lol: No bother at all and would potter about or sleep most of the time. Definitely a breed I would consider if they didn't slobber quite so much! :shock: ;)
  4. daneman

daneman New Member

Name:
    mick
    Hi ,we have a great dane bitch and she fits onto a 3 seater settee or if she culs up only takes 2 seats up.
    mick.
  5. kdpuppies

kdpuppies New Member

Name:
    kd
    Those are some adorable pictures you got there... great danes are pretty big dogs, so need quite a lot of room. Iv got some german shepherds which are also big and we give them plenty of space in our countryside home near london. Hope that helps
  6. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Kind of OT but we have a Great Dane at our training class (he's nuts! Must be the exception, there's always one) who coincidentally is called Odin too:)
  7. hotratz

hotratz New Member

Name:
    Stephen
    We had two Danes til last year, now just one... Sylvia our merle passed away aged 11 :'(

In my experience Danes need love and human contact more than space... WONDERFUL loving dogs

[​IMG]
  8. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    What a beauty....have a real soft spot for Danes, my pal has a gorgeous black boy...
  9. lakeland_lass

lakeland_lass New Member

Name:
    Alanna
    Only one hazard i can possibly think of is for your safety.
    Our friends owned Danes for years and years and one night when we were at there house for dinner Ger when to the kitchen to top up our drinks Jasper the Dane when for a drink too. After his drink Jasper done the usual shake of his head to give all around a slobber shower and clocked Ger and knocked him clean out for a few mins. Safety hats may be needed. lol :)
    He as all there others were big softies and played with our collie, there fav game was to fit Jesses head in there mouth, bit scary the first time tho!
  10. margaretbrazear

margaretbrazear New Member

Name:
    Margaret Brazear
    I have two newfoundlands and when I moved to a much smaller house, I got rid of most of the furniture to make room for them! I only have a small lounge, so can't have any low tables or anything they can run into. As long as the garden is big enough for them to play in (mine's about 80ft long) and the kitchen is big enough for them to eat in, you can manage.