Grooming Staffies, what do you use? Grooming

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Missysmum, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Missysmum

Missysmum New Member

Name:
    Suzanne

Grooming Staffies, what do you use?

Missy loves a vigorous rub all over with a pair of pimple palm gloves ( woven cotton gloves with hundreds of rubber pimples on the palm, used in horse riding to give extra grip on the reins). That gets out all the loose hair and dead skin. Then, a towelling cloth, soaked in warm water with a tiny dash of shampoo, wrung out then rubbed over her whole body. Same again with no shampoo and then, to finish off, a wipe down with a damp chamois. She melts in ecstasy when groomed this way, then bounces round the house like a puppy, shinier than a shiny thing!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. pod

pod New Member

Name:
    pod
    I've never owned a smooth coated dog but reading this, it almost makes me want to! Sounds like Missy is in heaven:grin:
  4. minky

minky New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Young Daniel gets a good old rub down with a horses rubber curry comb. Gets all the dead hair off and make him shine like Mr Sheen has been visiting him :grin:
  5. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    LOL

Young Bruno runs at the sight of a grooming brush/glove or anything else, however loves a bath so gets dunked in their and rubbed down. He is also perfactly happy to sit on your lap while you pick away all his loose hair !!

Its a good job he doesnt have long hair as he hates the actual grooming process - you have to pretend you are just patting him meanwhile scopping all his loose hair off !!
  6. griff

griff New Member

i use a kong groom zoom rubber grooming brush:grin: both mine seem to like it:)
  7. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I find Staffords dont need much, if any, grooming. All I do is once in a while go over their coat with a rubber glove on my hand takes away loose hairs - apart from that am afraid thats all they get. Good exercise and diet coat shouldnt really need much more :grin: Although they always get a rub down after exercise to get the blood flowing again.