GSD Jealous of disabled wife. Cries, snaps, pushes... Training

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Old, Oct 14, 2019.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Old likes this.
    There are certainly a lot of things he could do, could have done, with that kind of money, but it is his to do with as he chooses
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Davexx

Davexx New Member

Name:
    Dave
    Does your dog stay by your wife all or most of the day? If so he may be exhibiting guarding/herding instincts. He thinks his "job" is to guard/herd your wife.
  4. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    That was a long time ago. Turns out you are right. That’s exactly what he was doing, herding. Now he just stands back and monitors the whole thing. Thanks
  5. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    You are right! It’s been a year I’ve had max. It’s just been in the last month he’s finally realized he’s got boundaries. He also is happier following some rules and a routine. He’s even become affectionate in a GSD sort of way. He know his basics. It just takes time to get around his stubbornness. No more problems with max and wife. They seem to have come to a nice understanding with each other. He stopped roaring and lunging at fast food windows. All in all I think the repitition and patience is paying off. You Breedia people were extremely helpful keeping me sane through his berserk times.
    Thank you to all the good people here who were so kind. don
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    It is so good to hear this Don - thank you for such a positive update on Max!

I hope you are keeping well and safe.

Seasons Greetings!
  7. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Glad to hear things are going well with Max. Hopefully you and your wife are both well too.

Merry Christmas, Don (and family). Hope it's a peaceful and safe one for you all xx
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I am so glad you decided to work through the problems, and that things have worked out.
    Am sure he will repay you by being a loyal and faithful companion.