Guinness World Record Attempt General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, May 27, 2016.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Sounds like it's going to be a great day,hopefully the weather will be good, look forward to pics .
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Me too - how exciting it will be to see so many Beagles in one place!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Well, the good news is that weather was with us, the organisation by the Merseyside Beagle Club was superb, and everyone had a great day. Beagle owners are the friendliest folk, and though there were some quite vocal hounds, I didn't hear as much as a rumble from any of the Beags. It was fascinating to see them instinctively form into a massive pack, their prime interest being to jostle their way to the front!

There were well over 1000 Beagles on the ground, but as quite a few were under 12 months, I think just under a thousand actually presented for the record attempt, ( I'm sorry to say that there was a higher than expected absentee rate). From these, I believe that around 40 failed to, 'clock off', correctly and, as the Bulldogs unofficially posted 951 for their attempt last month, we are feeling a little nervous about the result. It will be around 12 weeks before the organisers receive the official decision.
    Our photos are not the best, but there are lots of pictures and videos on the Beagle World Record site if anyone would like to see more.

ToStart.PNG
    My two wearing their pink identification bands.

TheStart.JPG

Assembling for the start of the walk.

Snakeoverbridge.PNG

The front of the line snaking over the bridge.

Judging.JPG

The Beagle show in the afternoon.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Lovely pics' sounds like a fab day, great that the weather was good
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Wonderful pictures Carole - and I love the first one of Eddie and Merry sitting so patiently. :D
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We had to wait a long time for ajudication, but sadly the 2017 Record Attempt was judged to be a failure based on several small breaches of the rules. The charities did well though, with the Beagle Welfare stall having its best ever day's trading. We believe that our competition, the Mexican Bulldog Walk, was also judged to have failed. The rules are quite strict, and for the next attempt we will have to make sure that everyone remains in their groups, (with no hounds off lead, or stopping for a swim in the lake), and that there is no swapping of handlers. To make sure that we all start and check out correctly - this time we will all be wearing hired electronic tags!
    The big day for Beaglandia World Record 2 is April 22nd, 2018 - at Capesthorne Hall as before. The organisers have done a brilliant job, and this year is going to be even bigger and better than last time. In memory of her Beagle, an anonymous lady donor is paying for us to have a huge mobile TV screen on site, so we will be able to watch ourselves nailing the record in glorious technicolour! Excitement levels are running at fever pitch already, and we are all being drilled with daily rule reminders to try and keep errors to a minimum. Watch this space!
  8. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Awe thats so neat to see all those Beagles!:007: that's my moms birthday too! :D when I was a little girl my best buddy was Snoopy...my Beagle. I hope you guys pull this off & win the record!:041:
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Hope it all goes to plan this time.
    Gosh it doesn’t feel like a year ago, how time flies .
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    If I still lived in Knutsford I'd go along in support!
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Can it really be a year since the last attempt at the record? I do hope you get the record this year - and please do not forget your camera!