Happy Birthday Carole! General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

Happy Birthday Carole!

I know this last year has not been a good one for you Carole, but there is no way I can let this date go without wishing you a Happy Birthday - with hopes that this next year will be a good one for you.

So I have rounded up a few little friends to sing Happy Birthday to you!

f2b4bcf43ebf16dc4d685274c109fa2d.jpg
    with much love from both of us

JULI & TIKVA FOR CAROLE.png

xxx​
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh that is lovely Malka. Thank you. xx

To be honest, treating the drive with weedkiller was not how I imagined my big 80 day would be. I did have a visitor witho brought flowers and a card, (a dog person of course), but when she peeped through the window because no-one responded to her knock, I was apparently asleep with Tally on my knee. :015:
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    How could I not be thinking of you today - us octogenarians must stick together!

5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Happy birthday Carole!!!

Taking a nap with Tally sounds like a wonderful way to spend part of your birthday. Way you have many more relaxing naps together!!
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Happy Birthday Carole

Hope you found a little joy in it after the awful time you have had

The biggest of birthday hugs winging their way to you xx
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thank you. The bankruptcy of the company that we had taken our funeral plans out with was a double blow. There is 60 million pounds missing from the, 'ring fenced' trust. Charles's cremation will therefore not be the environmentally friendly option that we chose, but at least there was an emergency cremation scheme set up. All future funerals and cremations will be lost and we will be lucky to get 10% of our money back. The Administators have a priority claim and will receive their payment in full of course.
    Charles' cremation will finally take place on Friday morning - six weeks after his death. Perhaps I will be able to feel more settled when that is over.
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Helidale likes this.
    That sounds terrible frustrating to have to deal with after you had planned ahead. I hope that come Friday you will feel a bit more at ease. I will try and think of you and Chas when I go to bed Thursday night.

I remember when Bandit learned he could put his nose under a chain link gate and get it off its hinges posts. I was going to do something like drill through the hinge post and put in a bolt so Bandit couldn’t keep flipping it off the hinge posts. You mentioned it to Chas and he suggested simply turning the upper hinge post upside down. It was easy to do, very quick, and completely effective. If I forget to think of you tomorrow night, I’ll try and think of Chas periodically when I go through one of the gates.
  9. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oh Carole, that is awful. I can't imagine what you are feeling with all you have faced this year.

Friday will bring you a little closure if nothing else, but you really didn't need the stress of funeral plans disolving as they have.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Such a devastating time for you xx