Head spliting Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by bolty, Oct 22, 2005.

1. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane

Head spliting

as a staff mature's the muscles around the head develop, giveing the appearance of the head getting wider and deeper and leaving a dip in the middle, the head does not actually split, this is what i have been lead to belive am i right?

Shane
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Saz

Saz New Member

Yes you are right again, it doens't split, the muscles grow to give the Staffie head a heart shape :grin:
  4. bobbie3917

bobbie3917 New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    yes like Saz said its the muscles in the head that make the dip apear. most SBTs will not stop growen until they are about 2.5/3 years
  5. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    so really borris is only ten months old and has hell of a lot of time to grow!
  6. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    Yes Hayley, Borris has upto a couple of years before he's fully matured.
  7. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    thanks russ! im sure hes gonna be a big boy cus he pretty massive now lol

at 10 months old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. otis

otis New Member

Name:
    Jodie
    can i ask a quick question about the head maturing?.....

Otis is 10 months old this month (wow where does the time go?) and he seems to really be getting the ridge in his head. He had started to get really chewy again and i was wondering if this is related at all?

Jodie x
  9. Bobby-Digital

Bobby-Digital New Member

Yea Otis i can remember at one point i couldn't wait for the red devil to grow up but when they do you miss the puppy !

I am not sure if the chewing is related to the head spliting, i really don't think so. What i do know is that in their tenth month they are supposed to have a 10 % growth spurt. Don't hold me to that but i do remember reading and seeing that on a dog video.

Hayley, if Borris is full staffy then he is gonna be huge, he looks massive for ten months of age ! Lovin Borris, Morris Horris !