Hello! I'm Percy and need to Play. Questions

Discussion in 'Border Terrier' started by Percy's Mum, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Percy's Mum

Percy's Mum New Member

Name:
    Carol

Hello! I'm Percy and need to Play.

... well its actually my mum writing on my behalf, see, I am three years old, an ex working dog ... not bad eh, retireing at 3 ... half my luck!! I had an accident which ment it was difficult for me to continue, but, I've found a nice new home with my new Mum.

Thing is, being a working dog, and being three, Mum doesnt know how to play with me and I don't know how to tell her, I absolutely hate balls in any form, toy, squeaky, squashy, footballs ... any ball - the only things I like are furry objects, Mum's hot water bottle cover, socks out of the laundry basket, mum's big old teddy that used to sit on the bed until I hijacked it and its now in my bed :0) I know she would love to play with me ... she's had two Border Terriers like me before but they have been pups so they were easy to play with, what with me being 3, I'm a bit more difficult, sort of set in my ways.

Any help at all would be appreciated, thanking you xx Percy xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. melsgems

melsgems New Member

Name:
    Mel
    awww hello Percy and of course your mum. Do you like ropes? ie tuggy toys? or how about some squeeky stuffed toys? treat ball?

Hope you find your favourite toy soon ;)

Mel x
  4. Percy's Mum

Percy's Mum New Member

Name:
    Carol
    ... thanks Mel x (big lick) I hates balls of any type size or shape ... I do like ropey things, I have one, its brilliant, but all I do with everything I have is take it to my sheepskin rug - theres hardly any room on it for me anymore what with my teddy (mums teddy), three of my own doggie teddies, chews and a pair of socks!! I never play with anything, all I do is store stuff on my rug, sleep in my bed, go for walks and hoooohhh how I loves to eat.

Mum thinks its a shame that I don't play, she says thats what dogs do best, but I just dont know how ... I know I'm weired but extremely loveable with it :0)
  5. IsoChick

IsoChick New Member

Name:
    Shelley
    Hi Percy (and mum!)

Welcome to Dogsey! I know you really hate balls, but would you like a ball (or any toy) that had yummy biscuits inside it?

My 2 boys have Kongs that I stuff with biscuits and peanut butter and other yummy stuff. Quite a lot of the time they will lay down and lick as much as they can out of them. However, once they have done that, they will throw and bounce their Kongs around to get the last few biscuits out! Although they are not playing with me, they certainly get a lot of mileage from the toys!

My youngest also likes non-toy items - like plantpots and plastic bottles! I'm not sure why they are more exciting than all the expensive toys I have bought, but Murphy is just as happy running round the garden with a plastic bottle!

We also play tuggy with old socks - I tie them together with a big knot in the middle and I can play tuggy then with them!
  6. Percy's Mum

Percy's Mum New Member

Name:
    Carol

... I might try one of those, sounds good, I'll ask her to get me one when she goes into town on Friday ... do I love Peanut Butter??? can a fish swim?? thank you x
  7. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Hi Percy welcome to dogsey.

If you like playing with furry things have you tried a flirt pole.

It is a small flexible pole, you can use a fishing rod or plastic pipe. Your mum can tie a bit of thin rope at the end and tie something fluffy on the end.

Your mum can then flick it around while you chase it.

Its a bit like a more robust cat toy.
  8. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Hello Percy n Mum, how about some dog bubbles to chase, they're meat flavour you know :)