Hello. Introducing my Vizsla Photos

Discussion in 'Hungarian Vizsla' started by RubyR, Sep 27, 2008.

1. RubyR

RubyR New Member

Name:
    Lisa

Hello. Introducing my Vizsla

Hello. I've posted in the Introductions section but thought I would introduce my Vizsla on here as well. She is 2 1/2 years old, full of energy and very loving. She is good friends with my other dog, a Jack Russell. Ruby is my first Vizsla and I'm a real convert to the breed now. I love all dogs, but particularly like the HPR breeds.
    I'm thinking about introducing a third dog and at the moment I'm 50/50 between a German Short-Haired Pointer and another Vizsla. Are the GSPs very different to Vizslas in temperament? I've found my Vizsla very sensitive and just wondered if GSPs are a bit more 'robust'.

This is Ruby.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Oh my, she's beautiful :049:
    [​IMG]
  4. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    ooo shes gorgeous! what a beautiful colour! :D
  5. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    She's lovely! The settee really sets off her colour! I haven't really had a lot to do with vizlas, but of the ones I've met (mostly wirehaired), I wouldn't really say that GSPs are much more 'robust'. Ours have always been quite sensitive but steady and not 'wappy' like many are. I'd just get out and meet as many as possible and see for yourself which types you prefer. I don't know really about vislas, but I've noticed quite a lot of variation in the temperament of GSPs.
  6. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    She is beautiful :)
  7. cloughroe

cloughroe New Member

Name:
    catherine
    I breed and show vizslas and my dogs are really outgoing, you wouldnt go wrong with a GSP , the same with any breed, research research before you buy..
  8. monkeydonkey

monkeydonkey New Member

Name:
    Lucy
    A real beauty :)
  9. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
    I have lived with both Vizslak and GSP's, both make lovely companions and because of the natures of both breeds, I think they compliment each other very well. Both are very active and sociable, you could do well getting either breed.
  10. elaineb

elaineb New Member

Name:
    Elaine
  11. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Oooh lovely! Some good friends of mine have just bought a Viszla pup! So excited (although not entirely sure they know what they have let themselves in for!).
  12. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Sorry - meant having a dog in general, not anything about Viszlas! wonderful dogs! More piccies required!!! :)