Help! Blood in Poo! Health

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Leanneiaam, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Leanneiaam

Leanneiaam New Member

Name:
    Leanne

Help! Blood in Poo!

Hi guys, looking for advice. Got a frenchie puppy 2 1/2 weeks ago and there’s been blood in her poo since we got home with her. The breeder said there was none before and she’s been to the vets 3 times with it on different antibiotics but it’s not going away. She’s in great form, eating, drinking very playful. Wondering if anyone has any advice on this as I’m getting worried. Bringing her back to the vets again tomorrow.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Please do take her back to the vets, but to give you a little bit of hope, my girl passed what looked to be pure blood for two solid weeks after we brought her home. She then settled and it stopped. Our vet said it was probably due to the stress of changing home and all the things she found strange
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I agree that this could be a reaction to the stress of acclimatising to a new home. It might be worth taking a poo sample next time you go back to the vet - just in case there is a parasitic cause. Probiotics can be useful in restoring the bowel lining after a dog has been on antibiotics - FortiFlora and Protexin are two of the brands that I have found of value.