HELP... Frenchie has skin sores Health

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Felicia Eason, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia

HELP... Frenchie has skin sores

I noticed a hairless area on my frenchie about one week ago. It was flaky and raised up a bit. We saw his vet this past Wednesday where they gave him Nexgaurd which I was told clears up skin conditions. Two days later I've noticed one spot on his chest and one on top of his nose. The one on his chest looks red, raised, and scaly. Vet is treating for mites which the Nexgaurd will clear up. But it seems to be spreading. What can I use to clear this up. I understand frenchies are prone to skin problems so any advice is welcome. I don't want this to continue to spread.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Did the vet do a skin scrape and pluck a few hairs from around the bare patch for testing?

Nexgard is a monthly control treatment against fleas and ticks, not for mites.
  4. Felicia Eason

Felicia Eason New Member

Name:
    Felicia
    Vet told me if Nexgaurd didnt clear up skin problems he would do a skin scrap. He did tell me it was for fleas and ticks too.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Nexgard can be used against otodex and demodex mites. If you google it under its drug name Afoxolaner, this usage is cited.
  6. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    I'd give your vet a call in the morning and tell him/her that the hot spots are appearing in other areas now too.

They may advise to give the treatment a little more time, but I think it's more likely they'll have you back straight away for further investigation.

Good luck x