Help please, is this Boerboel? Questions

Discussion in 'Boerboel' started by Robert1982, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Robert1982

Robert1982 New Member

Name:
    Robert

Help please, is this Boerboel?

Hi guys, please excuse me in advance if this isn't the correct forum to ask this question, but I need some help to identify what kind of dog is mine. The guy who sold it to my parents told them it's a Presa Canario, but looking at pictures in the internet, he doesn't look like one. We've been looking at pictures of other mastiffs, and we think that it's either a Boerboel or a Tosa Inu. Are you guys able to recognize the type of dog he is?

In these pictures, he's 4 years and 10 months old, he's 97 lb and 25 1/2 - 26 inches tall from floor to withers.

acostadoFrente3.jpg frente4.jpg inclinado9.jpg acostadoPerfil3.jpg inclinado11.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm really not clued up on the less common bull breeds, and the Tosa is a banned breed here in the UK, but your boy definitely isn't a Boerboel. Could he be a Cane Corso?
    @Azz if you are still out there, what do you think.
  4. Robert1982

Robert1982 New Member

Name:
    Robert
    Hi @CaroleC , thanks for your reply. I don't live in the UK, so Tosa Inu wouldn't be banned, but Tosa isn't common here either. I don't think it's Cane Corso, because it's nose doesn't look like the Cane Corso. I think is a mix, but we aren't familiar with mastiffs, so we can't nail what exactly he is. We love him nevertheless :)