help wanted, Sad story General Chat

Discussion in 'Bearded Collie' started by Terry Price, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Terry Price

Terry Price New Member

Name:
    Terry

help wanted, Sad story

We recently lost our 15 year old beardie male and were terribly saddened as was his 14 year old little sister who is still looking for him. We wanted to find another beardie, not a puppy, to fill the hole in our lives. We did find someone, right here in North Carolina, who had a 2 year old male she said she would give us.
    We were so excited that we bought toys and supplies and prepared to pick him up. At the last minute his owner decided that she wanted to keep him. We were horribly shocked by this, especially my wife who is really depressed and has a hard time not crying. Since we have no children, the beardies are our family.
    If anyone knows of a beardie that needs a loving home we would really appreciate it. We need to fill the hole in our family.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    You might try contacting some breeders. They do take back dogs of different ages from buyers for various reasons, take in rescues, etc.
  4. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    I am sorry for your loss, having recently been in the same position myself. Google: The Bearded Collie Club of America. Either speak to the secretary direct, or you could try tapping on Rescue. As Toed says, there are always caring breeders looking for that perfect retirement home for a veteran - or sometimes younger.