Hi all x Questions

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by Beano, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Beano

Beano New Member

Name:
    Lyndon

Hi all x

Hi all just a quickie what does people feed there precious borders..I feed mine fish carrots peas and pasta ..she doesn't like rice..mince and carrot and peas and pasta ..I was feeding her chicken but I found she was quite loose after. She still can be abit loose at times..does anyone else suffer this ? She sometimes has wet food (she likes winalot portions ) if I can't get fish or mince ..she also has dry biscuits out ..I've read they should be fed biscuit or kibble and occasional wet food ..she's not overweight..what's people's views on feeding please . Hope everyone and there bundles of joy are all good at this mad time..atleast we can get out everyday! ‍ 20200509_155937.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I feed a decent quality kibble - well two kibbles actually, as they have a white fish and potato one for their main meal, and a meaty low calorie one for their supper. (Beagles gain weight easily, but are not satisfied if you reduce their ration too much). I make a mixed vegetable stew, and moisten their meals with that. They also have a small meaty garnish - which could be raw minced beef, tinned Butchers Tripe, or one of the wet tray foods. Very useful for hiding tablets in.
    I find those little pouches of meat and veg are great for topping their kibble on days out. No pans or spoons - so quick.
  4. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Was
    talking to my butcher before while buying beef bones, beef mince, chicken necks and beef heart for my two dogs over the next couple weeks.

he has a border collie and was talking about how he is giving his jerky from beef a guy makes for him.

jerky is pretty expensive but being a butcher he takes the guy the meat himself.

my dogs love jerky too , they certainly don’t get it very often