Hi from Lincolnshire Introductions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Samm1551, Aug 20, 2014.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sam - I hope that was Dave Gilmour and not poor old Syd Barrett.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Samm1551

Samm1551 New Member

Name:
    Sam
    He he he
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Maybe I'm foolhardy, but I've never had insurance for any of my dogs, though my puppies did go with the six week Petplan. When I had a pack, (Cavaliers and Lowchen), I probably wouldn't have been able to afford the premiums anyway, but they were quite a healthy bunch. I must admit that I wish I'd taken it out for Eddie, as his problem is a lifelong one, - but there again they could have come up with exclusions.
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I'm the same. I've always had several dogs at the same time and used to have cats as well - there's no way I could have afforded to pay premiums for all of them.

So far I have been really lucky - the only really expensive vet's bill was when Gertie the lurcher was badly bitten by a GSD, but on that occasion fortunately the GSD's owner had insurance and that covered it.

I will just carry on without it and hope that I continue to be lucky - I do know though that many people are very thankful that they took out insurance.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Samm1551 likes this.
    As I got myself thrown out of Latin... Pink Floyd, of course! :D

Pink Floyd and Dire Straits CDs take up nearly a whole shelf of my CD rack! :D
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

I don't have pet insurance but I do have pet bank accounts {most high street banks do these} I put in £5 per week plus any spare change & everything that goes in is mine including the interest, if I don't have the £5 one week it won't matter as I will put it in when I have it, I have had pet bank accounts for 20 years now & it is the best thing I have ever done opening the pet bank accounts.
  8. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I definitely would have pet insurance if I lived in the UK, but fortunately over here vets are very inexpensive compared to the rest of Europe. I much prefer spending my money on keeping my dogs healthy.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not have pet insurance because until recently there was none - and I am not 100% sure that there actually is now as I have not been able to find out anything about it. Not that I could insure Pereg now of course, because of her epilepsy.

IIRC Little One only had to go to the vet once [for a tummy upset] apart from spaying and dental surgery, but those would not have been covered in any case. Pereg? Well, even if there had been when I adopted her it would not have dawned on me to get pet insurance for her.

Yes, had I had insurance for her as a puppy it would have covered all her blood tests and medication etc, but my wonderful vet Ram does not charge a consultation fee, just for treatment, and he is far from expensive. He will also always take payments if necessary. But so far I have managed to pay for everything in one go [I do not like the idea of payments] and hopefully will continue to do so.

@Samm1551 - please call your new furbaby Luna - it is the perfect name for her - and when she gets up to puppy tricks you can call her Luna the Lunatic! :D
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet

Pink Floyd and Dire Straits? Nah, I can't get on with all this new fangled modern stuff. Elvis is good enough for me.
  11. Samm1551

Samm1551 New Member

Name:
    Sam
    Malka likes this.
    'Luna the Lunatic! :D'

She'll fit right in this family then!
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You have no choice then - you will have to name her Luna now! :044:
  13. Samm1551

Samm1551 New Member

Name:
    Sam
    I would but it is a very similar name to my daughters and confusion would prevail.
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Janet likes this.
    ill 'second that :023:
  15. Samm1551

Samm1551 New Member

Name:
    Sam
    Been so busy running around after her I forgot to add a picture.

Meet Shadow.

Attached Files:

16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh how beautiful is she?! :049:

Welcome to Breedia little Shadow! xxx

[​IMG]
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh Sam - she's gorgeous! So sweet asleep - but such a monkey within the next week.
    May Shadow grow happy and strong, and become all you want in a dog.
  18. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Shadow is beautiful ..... I love black dogs but never owned one until just recently when I bought Gwylim my Miniature Schnauzer!
  19. Samm1551

Samm1551 New Member

Name:
    Sam
    In the next week? She is already trouble with a capital T. Her favourite past time is hooning it round the house after one of my daughters balls (note to self buy boom ball).

She can't go out at the moment because we have had cats and foxes in the garden so she is having to be kept inside which is a shame because she could definitely benefit from a trip around the garden!
  20. fieldy

fieldy Member

Name:
    Ju
    Aww she's a sweetheart, bet your proud as punch:)
  21. Samm1551

Samm1551 New Member

Name:
    Sam
    I am, and my children are so besotted with her they won't leave her alone unless I shove them back in their den's. Roll on Thursday when they are back at school and I don't have to feel like Scrooge.