Hollywood :-( (kirsten stewarts mum) General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Tupacs2legs, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. josshun

josshun New Member

Name:
    JOCELYN
    o.m.g wouldn't trust them at all maybee if they were eating caned dog meet insteed of them bones blimy lookes like her mom takes her life in her hand's with them
  4. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    errmm... thats a stoopid comment
  5. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Truly, does no one else find that just even a little bit humerous? She has her own wolf pack? Heheheh!
  6. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Beat me to it.
  7. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    I'd settle for Jacob:lol:
  8. Adam P

Adam P

Seems to me she was quite sensible about it, e;g advised people not to rush out and buy them ect.
    I think the wolfdog thing in the states isn't seen as such a big deal as over here. If you go on usa sites or talk to usa trainers they casually mention such and such a dog being a wolf mix, In the same way we might say lab mix.

Adam

Btw I believe an lot of the ''wolfdogs'' in the us are much lower content than the owners believe and in many cases are all dog.
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    so doesnt make it right.. bit like e-collars ;-)
  10. Adam P

Adam P

Can I ask why not? And whats the difference between a cech wolfdog (like yours) and a wolf mix in terms of ethics?

Adam

Btw seeing a chech wolf dog soon.
  11. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    Sadly if the first comment was true then there would not be the problems of BSL that there are in the USA. Wolfdogs suffer discrimination in state law and are banned in many individual states and cities, much in the same way as pit bulls are. There appears to be a band wagon that legislators are jumping onto causing the deaths of many wolfdogs and distress to many owners.

Its this kind of ignorant panic knee-jerk law making we DO NOT want to see in the UK.

The second comment is almost certainly true but unfortunately boasting that their dog is a wolfdog can be a certain death sentence for the animal should anything go wrong. The Kentucky baby snatching dog was a very lucky exception.

As for US dog trainers perhaps you should talk to Ed Frawley and ask his opinion?
  12. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    oh dear..i fear for the csv your going to see :-( e-collar it and im sure it will bite you..i would

equally if you dont know the difference i again fear for the csv :-(

a csv is a domestic dog wich contains 'wolfblood' meant to look wolfy but not act its...a working dog

i suggest you study them before meeting one....

..... how on earth people pay you for your services i dont know...you dont seem to know much but profess to know all...wish u wasnt seeing the dog..combined with supposed 'behaviourists' like you and the breeders crossing them.. they are doomed
  13. Adam P

Adam P

I know Ed's not keen but frankly I'm not keen on alot of Eds practises and recomendations. Also despite his huge internet presence Ed isn't considered a very credible trainer by many in the states.

Anyway while I see what you mean about the legislation I think ownership is seen as less of a deal than it is over here. I suppose alot of this is due to the more numerouse wolfdog population.

I believe one issue with the misleading content thing is it means an owner with a husky x gsd (essentially a dog) will think they've got white fang, then when the dog dies or they want another one they get a wolf dog thats mostly wolf and aren't prepared.

Adam
  14. Emma

Emma New Member

Name:
    Emma
    If you are not careful Tupac you could get an e-collar on you :lol: :lol:
  15. Adam P

Adam P

Hi Tupac (you replied as I did lol)

Anyway I only have the email from the cech owner so far, don't know anything except its breed and that he's very keen to get it trained. Should know more latter. May pick your brains lol.

Anyway I know the diff between cechs and wolfdog mixes but can't see the difference ethically, after all cechs started out as wolf dog mixes.

Adam
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    why isnt the owner training it themselves?
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I think alot of people seek professional help when it comes to training their dogs. I think it is a responsible thing to do.
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    ps ref the hybrids on the video, do you think the first two were crossed with GSDs at some point? ref the very black muzzles? And the last one looked more of a Mal x wolf (or wolf cross), IMO.
  19. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    i agree ww but by the wording 'they want to get it trained' it seems to me they think that someone else training the dog for them is the way forward..i dont agree,and exp with a dog like a csv.

also...to a trainer that uses e-collars? im gonna have to beg to differ with u on that one.
  20. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ref the e collar, I do not really agree with them either, or people that use them and then say how well trained and behaved their dogs are.
  21. Adam P

Adam P

Guy wants csv recalling better and something done about the dog aggression (just sounds like pushy youngster to me). I do offer the owner absent training but I think he wants it done while he's there/including him from the start.

Re the wolf dogs I believe mal x is popular in the states as they look wolfy (well they look how people think a wolf should look lol) I think gsd, husky ect is also common. I suppose with gsd x wolf you have the defensive aggression instinct which isn't as strong in mals and huskys. With the mals and huskys you've got the independance which is often a problem. I suppose the best cross would be something easy going like a lab (horrible generalisation there lol) but if your gong to have a wolf x I think you shopuld be prepared for a lively high drive dog enyway.

Adam

Btw is that guy in kent crossing csvs with wolfs?