How am I going to explain to Tikva General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

How am I going to explain to Tikva

That the company who made her little bikkies have either stopped or gone out of business? She has one little one after she has done her twirlies before I open her crate at night, scoffs it then curls up on her sleeping mat...

...only I cannot get any more of them.

She loved them and I liked them because of their contents. And yes, there are other bikkies but I am very careful what she has. Not that she cares - has anyone ever come across a Doxie [even a hetzi doxie] that ever refuses food?

So, Yehuda from the little pet store in town is bringing me a 10kg bag of cat litter after he closes, and whatever bags of small bikkies he has. I will check the ingredients and either buy what I want or Yehuda will take them back.Tomorrow, David, my driver, will take Tikki and me to the store at the Pension. I know they do not have the DrPet bikkies any more because they did not have any last time, but maybe they have something equally good. And I need more chews and - NO Tikki I am NOT buying you any more toys.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I finally found the importers of Tikva's bikkies, which were imported from the US and contacted them - for some unknown reason the Israeli Ministry of Agriculture will not let them be imported any more.

No idea why though as they were a top seller here - all four different flavours.

And the MoA have stopped imports of the puppy pads from the same company.

I have no idea why,:102:
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I was wrong. It is not our MoA but the company in the US who will not supply Israel any more.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It is annoying when products you have used for years are no longer available. There is usually a substitute that will do, but is often not quite as good. I think there is a lot of 'badging' these days too. You can think you have rediscovered a former favourite brand, but the product is nothing like the original.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Carole - this company [in the US] also used to supply puppy pads - no longer, not that Tikki needs them. How can I put it politely - I will not. It is not that they do not supply a substitute. They do not want to supply where I live.

Why should our wubbles suffer?
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    In case anyone who does not know, no I do not have a cat but I do use catty litter.

I am just so angry that this company will not send here. It was not that our Min of Agriculture said no, the company in the US just did not want to supply this country any more.

Tikki is very happy with the night-time bikkies she now has, and as long as she is happy that is all that matters.

But I still hate it that companies will just stop supplying their products because they can.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It sounds like politics has reared its ugly head.

When my hubby was working, he worked for a company that was taken over by an American company.

Their middle eastern customers would only carry on dealing with them provided they used their old letter headings etc and all reference to the American company omitted - including the new name of the company.

It's a sad fact that we live in a very political world :(
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I had that with an online company that I occasionally bought things from [not iHerb thankfully] - they sent me an email addressed to "Customer" - whereas all previous emails were "Dear Juli", saying that their company had decided to no longer "service" the country where I live.