How is everyone in the current situation? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris B and CaroleC like this.
    I think it is fair to say that we were all worried when you and Chas, then Chris's daughter were ill, but yes, these addresses are rather close to home in so far as I know the people who work at the surgery personally. If you understand what I mean.

Anyhow, the map and information is from the Government website and although that is in English and other languages as well as Ivrit, the map itself is in Ivrit only and as far as I can make out the addresses and times are those where and when an infected person had been there. I think they give for a 14 week period but I did not twig the addresses until this morning - just knew the area as it was just up the road from my apartment in town.

It cannot have been Ram as he works until 3pm then his assistant vet does the 3-8pm surgery. Dahlia, vet tech/nurse works in the mornings and I am not sure who now does the afternoon/evening shift. But the dates and times seem strange so I just cannot work it out, and I honestly do not think it would be right to telephone the surgery and ask if everyone is OK although actually Amit could check for me as he gets daily reports of any new cases in the area from the MoH in his Home Front Command capacity.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I take my dogs collars off at night, usually hang them on the front door knob. Last night I forgot to do that so I took them off of them when I got in bed and tossed them on the floor. Well this morning when I got out of bed I stepped on one and cut my heal with a dog tag. Ouch. Well I was instantly awake hopping around. I’m not sure if I cleaned it well enough, but now it’s sealed back onto my foot and I don’t want to scrub it open...
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Ouch that does sound painful. You could try sitting with your foot in a bowl of fairly warm salt water for a while - then gently pat dry. Bet you don't do that again!
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Ouch that will be sore for a while
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris likes this.
    Another ouch from me Marc - I do hope the cut heals quickly. One thing I learned when I first moved onto the Moshav was to never put a bare foot on the floor, having once put my foot on a squishy "thing" that had crawled in. It did not hurt me, like that dog tag must have hurt you, but it weren't'arf yucky.

Do you have any poviodine or peroxide? Both are ideal for cleaning cuts and grazes on humans and dogs.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.
    I did pour some hydrogen peroxide on it this morning and then put Neosporin and a bandaid. Tonight I’ve cleaned it better but should have let my friend at work do it, who offered. She’s going to start nursing school in a few months, she said she likes cleaning cuts and wounds.... Easier to have someone else cause you pain while cleaning a wound than causing the pain to yourself. I’ll let it get air tonight in bed and cover it again tomorrow while at work.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    When Pereg's was attacked and had a puncture wound in her shoulder I washed it out with hydrogen peroxide and then poviodine while I was waiting for the emergency vet to come and stitch it, and she washed it out again with both hydrogen peroxide and poviodine before stitching it.

Neosporin is ideal. I did not have any then but I do now, both in a tube and also a small spray thing - I keep one of those in the kitchen for occasional clumsy accidents, also one in Xanadu's side bag. The spray is also ideal for any small cuts on a dog.

[​IMG]
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thought for the day:

[​IMG]
  10. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Foot feeling much better, but now I have a knot above/behind my knee from the way I was walking so as not to put pressure on the wound. Oh well at least it’s looking much better and I’m pretty sure it won’t be infected.

The last 2 nights the dogs had some serious zoomies going on from not getting walked. Two nights ago Bandit was doing laps around the yard at midnight, going so fast he was wiping himself out, would get up and look at me like “no you didn’t see that, I’ve been on all 4 feet the whole time” lol. I probably walk 2 to 2.5 miles a day at work, so with a sore foot the last thing I felt like doing when I got home was more walking. Will get back to normal walks either tonight or tomorrow
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Marc, keep the wound clean and covered for another few days yet - better to leave it a bit soggy [sorry, I cannot think of the correct word] and not let it dry out until you are 100% sure it is not infected. And keep it padded for the moment.

The problem with an injury on the bottom of a foot, especially your heel which takes all your weight, is that in order to stop pain from pressure you tend to walk to favour it so can put ligaments, tendons, and ankle, knee or hip joint slightly out of balance. That is possibly the cause of the knot above/behind your knee that you described. Also by favouring that foot/leg you tend to put more weight on your other leg, so a sore foot is a double bugga.

I do hope it heals soon, both for your sake and for the dogs.
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Couldn't care less about this...
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think you do care Gareth, otherwise you would not have posted. I care about you and Mr Bronson and miss you, and I think I am correct in thinking that we all do, so please just post and let us know that both you and the Little Man are OK.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  15. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Are you referring to the whole thread or about me cutting my foot, and posting about it?

Either way, I will remind you of something.

If you don’t have anything nice to say
    don’t say anything at all
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Marc - I think it is the squirrel talking, not Gareth.
  17. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Sorry, I wasn't directing my comment at you. I'm just fed up of the constant non news stories when nothing has happened, there's no clear direction and constant conflicting advice. And I know it's contradictory of me by being annoyed and hearing about it on the Tv. Of course I can turn it off and not come online to read comments. I just wanted to get it out of my system. And as usual Juli @Malka was right, I'd had a few too many drinks and got carried away.
    So once again, accept my apologies.
  18. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Apology unnecessary but accepted.

All the unknowns of what we are dealing with are rather frightening, IMO. The one thing that I try and do is always wear a mask in public (this is the law in the county I live in) and try and give everyone a distance of 6 feet, which customers where I work often don’t.

There is so much unknown about C19, that’s the scary part for me. I’m living my life without the expectation that a vaccine will be developed... I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than upset that one hasn’t been developed yet.

I don’t know how you feel about your elected officials there, but from my perspective here, the federal officials, particularly Trump, couldn’t have botched this any worse. The guy is more concerned about getting re-elected then he is about the actual health of the people. He played it off as a hoax not that long ago, and now the US has almost 30% of all reported cases in the world, and over 28% of all reported deaths. The US has about 5% of the world’s population. These numbers are horrendous. He pushes to open the economy back up against the advice of many medical professionals. He claims what a great job HE has done handling the pandemic.... I say he is delusional.

Now on top of the biggest health crisis in a century we have huge civil unrest due to more police brutality against black Americans. A white cop with his knee on a black mans neck for almost 9 minutes, and for almost 3 minutes after he stopped moving. And this was over the man allegedly trying to spend a counterfeit $20 bill, which he could have gotten as change somewhere else. This isn’t the only recent case either. It’s a systemic problem, and people are sick of it. Basically if you live here and you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention, or straight up you’re a racist, IMO. Now we have protest turning violent and looting and fires. I’m very saddened by how little actual progress has been made over the past 50-60 years.

Edit: I meant another black person murdered by a white police officer.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Lots of images of US police forces trying to repair their damaged profile with fist bumps and friendly faces, but this particular cop apparently had a history of abuse, - why did someone not get him evicted from the force? The saddest image for me was the black man watching in tears as his small shop completely burned down. So many hopes and dreams disappearing in that smoke.
    Stay well and take care Marc.
  20. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    What we are seeing and hearing from America is truly horrific.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris likes this.
    Sometimes I think that half the world has gone mad, and I dread to think what could so easily tip the balance into total disaster.