How is everyone in the current situation? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 12, 2020.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My local show this Sunday has just been cancelled. It's sad, but I think the right decision. Every time I refresh, another show, meeting or training club is announcing a cancellation or a postponement - there have been about 50 since lunchtime. Not just dog events either, it's going to be a long, boring year, but better too early than too late. Could be worse, at least we weren't staging the Olympics!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Do you think the Olympics will go ahead?
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I can't see it happening at the proposed time. Maybe they will postpone, otherwise it would be a terrific economic hit for Rio.
  5. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris likes this.
    I checked to see if there were a lot of cars outside the macolet so I could go over, not because I am avoiding people due to the situation but because the place is so small and the aisles so narrow, and I do not want to block anyone with Xanadu. OK, only one car, Hai's small van, and the big delivery truck from Strauss which was unloading so I went across. And then I thought why was it there because Strauss delivers on Wednesdays and I always avoid going on a Wednesday morning because of the chaos inside until everything is trundled through to the stockroom, and today is Tuesday. :confused:

Anyhow, I have now been banned from the macolet :eek: - well not actually banned but Hai would not let me go in - he said that "because of the situation" he wanted me to keep away from people so I should just telephone him and he would send over anything I wanted. I only wanted washing-up liquid, avocados and bananas so he got them for me while I waited outside.

As for Strauss he said he was as surprised as I was, but Tnuva, the main dairy company, which was due to deliver at 7.30am today had not arrived.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Our local Iceland is introducing pensioner-only shopping hours only pensioners will be allowed into the supermarket between 9am and 11am on Wednesdays.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Tesco have posted on F'book that before 9am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, will be reserved for over 65's and carers.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We are more-or-less on total lockdown now. As from tomorrow all buses and trains will stop at 8pm and no public transportation will run over the weekend from 8pm on Thursday evening until Sunday morning.

Public transport will continue during the day on weekdays and will continue to operate in vital locations including employment centres, supermarkets and shopping centers, health funds and hospitals. The Transport Ministry, under the direction of the Health Ministry, decided to stop public transport to non-essential places, including educational institutions.

All unnecessary shops are to close, only supermarkets and other food stores [like local macolets] and pharmacies to stay open. Only vital workplaces to stay open and Israelis should stay at home, with exceptions made for urgent medical care and buying medicine and groceries only.

Going out to parks, playgrounds, the beach, pools, libraries, museums or other public places is forbidden, with the public urged to refrain from social contact.

Lots of instructions as to what has to be done and what is not permissible - too much for me to take in at the moment.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I just went to put something in my bin and saw that there is a tape around the children's play area across the road, and for some reason I found that very unsettling.
  11. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's going to get a lot worse before it starts to get better :(
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Probably Chris, and so far I have just carried on as usual. Seeing the play area taped off though really brought it home though.

Anyhow, Tnuva turned up at the macolet at 2pm instead of 7.30am as expected - they deliver on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Strauss normally Wednesdays, and others on their specific days.

And I had an email from Mei Eden, who deliver the mineral water for my water machine, informing me [and all their customers] that in light of the situation the distribution will be as normal but the containers will be left at the door only. If they are outside there will be no way I can get them in myself. Oh well, I am sure I will be able to sort something out.

It is not easy living my myself as there are a lot of things that I can no longer do, but it does have the advantage in that it will be not make any difference to my life if I have to be quarantined for any length of time. :)
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Doh! The last Olympics were Rio. The torch arrived in JAPAN today!
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  15. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    I heard on't TV today th'aldi is doing't same! (Thumbs Up!)
  16. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    I'm not on the F Word!
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    How many squirrels would that be Gareth?
    No room to talk, my score is three! Must leave it at that - Eddie is at the vet again in the morning, (sigh).
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Important notice...
    [​IMG]

19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Men - :mad: [mutter mutter mutter] -. what is it with them? First Hai banned me from the macolet and now the Ninja [mutter mutter mutter] has informed me that I am not to let anyone into my home unless it is vital, such as Hai or someone bringing in the water containers when they arrive and/or putting a new one on the m/c, in which case I am to keep as far away from them as possible and wipe down everything they might have come in contact with. Oh, and put a mask on before letting them in. Mask? Ummmm - I do not have any - so he said he will bring some when he brings my meds. :rolleyes:

And I am not to go out except to put my rubbish in the bin the evenings before the binmen come, the bin being tucked up against the front wall of my bungalow, less than two metres from my door.

It is very nice and I really do appreciate the thoughtfulness and care, but I honestly do not want to be wrapped in cotton wool.
  20. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Anybody know the kennel clubs position on whether dogs can pass on the virus to humans and visa versa... my neighbour said this was possible but I am not clear on the matter.. sorry its so morbid but it may have implications...
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli