How is everyone in the current situation? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Vee - I have no choice. Where would I go? I cannot go into the macolet because Hai will not let me. I cannot get a taxi to go anywhere because there is nowhere I can go, apart from the fact that Amit has threatened me with dire consequences if I so much as think about it...!

I do not actually mind because as long as I can keep my door open I do not feel totally enclosed, and I can get whatever I need for Tikva or myself with just a telephone call or an online order, so it could be far worse for me. If I did not have Tikva I would probably have been locked in a padded room months ago.

But whoever it was that held that party last night - if any of the people attending brought the virus onto the Moshav......I do not even want to think about it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    [​IMG]
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  5. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    They are, Juli. They truly are.

It's soul destroying to see these idiots. They'll all go home to their kids who will go to school next week or the week after and when there's an outbreak in a school they will blame the Government.

In my opinion, we are being way too soft on these people :(
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We are having weekly demonstrations outside the PMs official home [bdooly left wing] but the demonstrators are mostly wearing facemasks. All still jammed together though.

But just look at these figures:

Population - ..UK - 67,943,420 - confirmed cases 332,752 - cases per million ..4,897
    Population - Israel - 9,197,590 - confirmed cases 113, 465 - cases per million 12,336

That means Israel has 2.5% more confirmed cases and yet we are 12 times smaller, being only 8.53% of the size of the entire UK.

And our schools go back on 1 September.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    On the subject of that demonstration in London yesterday, I see that Piers Corbyn has been fined £10,000 "for an illegal gathering after he organised a march claiming coronavirus is a hoax." Serves him right.
  8. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    It certainly does, Juli, and I just wish they'd do the same with all the other idiots
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    They are, Chris. According to the Mail Online, Corbyn "was among eight other offenders across the rest of England fined under new lockdown measures imposed on Friday which are designed to stop gatherings of more than 30 people. The others that were fined had all been spearheading raves or house parties."

The Mail is not my particular reading of choice but it does have some reasonably good information at times - in among the zleb gossip and Australian "experts"!
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The situation is disastrous here now. Towns and areas have been put in Red, Orange, Yellow and Green areas, with some in the Red being Red/red, and those areas are being put into a 7pm - 5am curfew starting this evening. Unless it is changed yet again.

Businesses and schools closed, people restricted to 500m from their homes, strict numbers of people mixing - restricted bus services - but no way to stop the people in those areas from coming or going. Sheer, utter madness.

This morning the 40 Red/red areas were announced - mainly ultra-Orthodox and Arab areas, and to my horror there are five small areas in town that are included in the list. The Ninja is back on Home Front Command duty and has a pass to travel everywhere, and has told me to telephone him if I need anything.

The curfew is supposed to last until 15th which will give people just a couple of days to prepare for Rosh Hashana which starts on Friday. However, we are still being threatened with a countrywide total lockdown over the High Holidays, which is probably why Ninja told me to call him if I need anything. Home Command are definitely getting prepared for one if it is announced.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sadly it looks as if the second phase of Covid19 is upon us. Hopefully it will not be as severe as the first outbreak as it seems to be affecting a younger, and presumably more resilient, sector of the community. It looks as if the 'new normal' will be with us for the foreseeable future. It is beginning to feel as though life will never be spontaneous again.
  12. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    I'm not surprised our numbers are rising Carole and that it's the younger ones that are the start of the first wave. Pubs and clubs should never have reopened and all these protests and raves are appalling in the middle of this situation.

From what I have witnessed here over the summer, the new normal isn't too different to the old normal because people are being absolute idiots
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Life as we knew it will never come back. For me it will go on as it has for the last six months but for everyone else?

Monday........7/9 confirmed new cases 3,331 -117deaths
    Tuesday...... 8/9 confirmed new cases 3,593 - 14 deaths
    Wednesday..9/9 confirmed new cases 1,154 - from midnight to 11am

In a total population of just over 9 million people.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I give up. The curfew started at 7pm yesterday evening, with weddings and gatherings forbidden and schools closed.

Yesterday evening the police had to close down seven weddings, and most of the schools in the red neighbourhoods in Ashqelon were open because they said they were not informed. :009:

Do none of the heads of the schools, the teachers, the parents watch the news on television or in newspapers?

This country is being destroyed by our own citizens.
  15. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    I'm afraid that's as big a global problem as the virus itself, unfortunately. It's just the same here, Juli
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We are losing it Chris.
    UK.......confirmed cases per million population.. 5,188
    Israel...confirmed cases per million population 15,114
  17. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Our cases are rising. New measures are slowly being reintroduced.

It's a very scary World we live in at the moment. I just hope and pray they perfect a vaccine sooner rather than later
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It will be too late for me Chris as even when, or should I say if, a vaccine is perfected I have been advised by my doctor that I should not be vaccinated until the vaccine has been shown to have no side effects for at least a year, if that, because it would be too risky for me.
  19. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation isn't it? I know if I get the virus it's more than likely to be fatal. Both me and OH have COPD so added respiratory problems would kill us. The vaccine if and when it comes will be an unknown quantity for the first year (hence why your doctor wants you to wait), but I will risk it as we are both in our late 60s so my thinking is that time is running out fast and I don't want to have to spend the rest of what's left being too afraid to get on with life and yet do want to take the precautions and hope for the best
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    4,429 new cases and 23 new deaths in Israel yesterday, up from over 3,500 for the previous three days, and at 7pm today the figures were 3,038 new cases and 13 new deaths. We will not get the full figures for today now until after Shabbat.

Chris - I am 78 and having spent over six months now not leaving my house I am quite prepared to have to spend the rest of my life like this. What I am not prepared to do is risk having an unproven vaccination just so I can go out. Although going out for me is just going across the road to the macolet - as and when - and if - Hai will let me go in. I will, of course, have the yearly flu shot as I do every year, and Shula, our nurse, will do the usual and come round to all the housebounds for that. But I am not going to have one against Covid until it is proven to be effective and with no possible side effects, especially knowing the serious allergic reactions I have to certain basic drugs I have in any case.

Not at my age Chris, not at my age. It is not as if I have any family who want to visit me or who I want to visit, and I am well used to being alone. Alone does not mean lonely because I am far from lonely.

My only fear is that I will have another fall, because there is no way I am going near a hospital again.
  21. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Just read in the Daily Express that Israel has gone back into full lockdown Juli ??