How is everyone in the current situation? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Stay safe in there !
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Was kinda waste of time. Dr was condescending. I’m tired and going to try and nap.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Not a waste of time Marc - at least you have been seen and the doctor would not have just sent you home if he was the slightest bit concerned. Just try and rest as much as you can and try not to worry if you cannot sleep. Just rest. I am sure Bandit and Katie Mae will not mind.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I hope you are feeling better today Marc.
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Thank you @CaroleC, I am supposed to avoid screens as much as possible and just take things really slow. No TV. If I can’t sleep I’m supposed to just keep my eyes shut and stay in bed. I actually slept over 5 hours last night and that is good compared to how I’d been doing. I got up because it was cold and I needed to make a fire in the woodstove. I will have to split some kindling as well as carry some firewood inside, these are just facts of life that can’t be ignored and especially because of how rampant covid is here I’m unable to get someone else to do this for me. My neighbors are older and one of my younger neighbors wife is pregnant so they are being very cautious, especially as I was at the emergency room 24 hours ago. As you can see I’m using my phone to reply to you now. I can’t just sit in the dark in the quiet 24/7. This has been scary. I still hate a mild headache as well. This is going to take time to heal.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Take it slow and easy Marc - and please do as you are told. You know we will be thinking of you and wishing you well, so just a quick "I am OK" on this thread will let us know.
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Trump needs to be removed from office immediately. These were domestic terrorists that invaded the US Capitol building. He’s been encouraging them.

This was way more than I should have been processing while trying to stay calm and take it easy so i can recover from my concussion. I know I should turn off the radio but I probably won’t, at least for awhile
  9. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    The positivity rate over the last 5 days in the county I live in is over 45%, now that they’ve updated the #’s. This is horrendous.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We are living through troubled times. I think most of us are feeling a little out of kilter.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We have been in our third lockdown for a few weeks now, the number of new confirmed cases have increased almost daily to anything up to 9,500 a day, and as of midnight tonight the door is being slammed shut even tighter.

Do you think everyone will obey things? Like bluddy heck they will. They will carry on as they have done since the beginning. According to reports this country is at the top for the number of vaccinations already given

How Israel has leaped ahead in the vaccine race | Daily Mail Online

and one of the worst for the rate of new infections.
  12. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    It sounds like you have an amazing health system Juli.

The virus is getting out of hand here again too, so much so it is very scary. Our vaccine roll out seems akin to your own and with the Oxford/Astra Zenica now on stream it's looking hopeful.

With all the scary news and increasing numbers, you'd think people would be happy to follow the lockdown rules but yet we still see reports of people breaking them in a big way.
  13. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Well they’re telling people they have to wear a mask in their own cars now down south .
    What a load of nonsense .
  14. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Unless you have passengers you don't live with in the car, that doesn't make any sense. I can understand wearing masks in indoor settings like shops and even in crowded streets, but in cars? Nah
  15. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    I can’t see that rule lasting , people are calling it out as nonsense .
    It’s ridiculous .
    We had one case in the state show up so they’ve shut down the biggest city plus surrounds for 3 days.
    The police are handing out masks on the street not fines at this stage .
    No new cases for a few days fingers crossed and borders shut.
  16. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    I am ok. It’s hard to do almost nothing. Very slowly getting better
  17. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Hi. I’m going to the doctors tomorrow to check in and see how she thinks I’m doing recovering from my concussion. I’m still getting headaches behind my right eye and the base of my neck on the right side, predominately, although it can spread to other areas too. It’s not a sharp painful headache, more of a dull one, but still concerning. Worse in the morning. I’m still light sensitive as evidenced by how my brain felt when driving tonight after dark. I did not like the car’s headlights driving towards me at all. I’ve been to acupuncture twice last week, once so far this week, and while I had needles in other body parts he did cranial work on me, as well as some Rolfing on my neck. Went to chiropractor last Friday and he did an hour of mostly cranial work. As in cranial-sacral work. Will do again on Thursday with acupuncturist. I am typing much better so put that in the win column.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The more things in the win column, the better. Just keep taking it easy Marc until that win column is full.
  19. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Yay, my sister has had the vaccine.

No side effects whatsoever and she said it was an easy process
  20. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Well I guess I hit my head pretty hard as I’m still having headaches on day 19. My neck, especially where the spine and head are joined is very tight and sore, particularly when I wake up. Still light sensitive but maybe not as bad.... I can type much better now but still trying to not be using phone too much, but it’s hard, as I want to keep up with all the crazy news from two weeks ago when our house of Congress was stormed. Thank goodness our long national (and world) nightmare is almost over and tomorrow a new president takes over the office. I’m still not watching TV.

I got a referral for more sessions with the acupuncturist, but this time for the concussion, as well as a referral for Physical Therapy. Today I have an evaluation with the physical therapist, one who specializes in concussion recovery
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Please try not to use your phone too much Marc, and definitely stay away from the television. Not just because the television will hurt your eyes but because the news can wind you up. Tomorrow will be here soon enough.

Good that you got a referral for more acupuncture sessions, and good luck with the physical therapist evaluation.