How is everyone in the current situation? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    We have been lucky here lately as I have only seen a couple of loose dogs around, so maybe there have not been any dogs dumped on the Moshav recently.

Happy Birthday Tornado Dog - Tikva sends you snuffly kisses if you would like them! She had a surprise un-birthday present earlier - a young vet from the Local Authority turned up to give her a rabies shot, so she is legal for another year! She also got a cuddle which she enjoyed - much to my surprise, as Tikki prefers cuddles from men and this was a young woman!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Malka likes this.
    I gave Tornado-dog Tikva's wishes - he brought his fox toy over and dropped it. That was a thank you and a see my toy...

IMG_20211201_1626288.jpg
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Aww, how sweet of him! He looks like he is looking over my left shoulder as I sit here - looking directly at Tikva who is on the couch behind me and would be in his direct line of sight!
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and Toedtoes like this.
    Aw, happy birthday, Tornado Boy and what a lovely boy you are.

Love your birthday present - me thinks, like all our dogs, you get spoilt :)
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Malka likes this.
    Spoiled? Never. He earns it all! Or that's what he keeps telling me.
  7. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    So, yesterday I was exhausted and just generally "icky feeling" from the booster. Slept hard last night and feel back to normal today. Still have a tender lump at the injection sight.

A friend got her booster Saturday also and she said it kicked her butt yesterday.
  8. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Strange isn't it? This third dose seems to have affected most people - even those who had no problem with the earlier doses.
    I felt nothing at the injection site till 24 hours later, then for a couple of days. I think Chas reacted the same way.
  9. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Yeah, it definitely seems to kick in the following day. I didn't react to the first two shots at all except generalized injection sight tenderness which is normal for me and needles.

And it doesn't seem to matter which booster. I got the Moderna and my friend got the Pfizer and we both felt it the next day.
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Just to be contrary :) I had tiredness and sore arm with the first two and nothing much at all with the booster
  11. deku

deku New Member

Name:
    Violet Davis
    Toedtoes likes this.
    adorableeee!!
  12. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Tornado-dog and Cat-dog saying hello to everyone.
    IMG_20220115_1421247.jpg

Note: they are putting on act in the photo. Immediately before and after, they were being obnoxious and pushy and demanding.
  13. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Toedtoes like this.
    So cute. Did they both cross their paws together naturally?
    My first Lurcher used to cross her paws but subsequent others have only done it occasionally.
  14. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Helidale and Malka like this.
    They did. They had been playing and just "fell" into that position.

By the way, that is Cat-dog's fifth collar in the past 3 months - Tornado-dog keeps tearing through them while they play. I need to buy a bunch wholesale at this rate.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    What an absolutely delightful picture of both of them! It looks like Tornado-dog is looking over my left shoulder again, to see Tikva on the couch!
  16. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    This happened yesterday. Brushing Bandit is like clowns coming out of a phone booth (remember those). It boggles the mind that all that was on him, and that was actually just a deposit on this round of blowing his coat. And although most Akitas only blow their coat twice a year, my dog is special, so I’m blessed with an Akita that blows his coat seemingly four times a year 00994529-2CDA-4552-8351-D2B36EF1FA7C.jpeg
  17. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Then there’s Katie Mae who can’t stand being brushed, you’d think I was torturing her from her reaction. Luckily she is smaller than Bandit and only blows her coat twice a year, so although she’s not as blessed as Bandit with all that extra shedding, I love her all the same 248986C8-E017-4D39-BFCD-404EB58A40A1.jpeg 66E93BD5-2AE1-48E8-AD06-8B7FC995620C.jpeg
  18. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oh, I remember that shedding. I don't envy you. The good thing is that it comes out in clumps so it was easier to deal with - I didn't have it threading its way into fabrics. Tornado-dog loses individual hairs 365-24-7 and they get threaded into everything.
  19. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Akitas do shed all year round besides the times when they’re blowing their whole coat
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    That must be his bit of Beagle. 365 moulting is referred to as Beagle Glitter in the trade!
  21. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    That would easily make two Rosies so I don't envy you. My girl sheds every day though and my hoover takes a pounding getting it all up. Did I say 'all'? I wish :)